Topic: New purchase

I have a digi9632 card that I keep on autosync to my Lucid A/D D/A converters hooked up optically. I know I'm not using the RME's converters but my question is am I then using the card's clock and jitter suppression in any way?
I need to get a new pcie card for my new i7 x58 Windows 7 64bit build since there are no 64bit drivers for the digi 9632. I'm wondering if there is a simpler cheaper solution then the HDSPe AIO. I only ever need to record 2 tracks at a time and since I'm using external conversion it seems that I would be paying for a lot that I don't need.
Thanks

Re: New purchase

You are not using the jitter suppression. That only has effect on the analog ins and outs of the 9632 (or if you reroute the digital signal to another digital output). But you are using the great RME drivers which really increase cpu performance. Almost all other brands have at least 30% less low latency performance. If you don´t mind that, there are some cheaper non rme solutions.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Re: New purchase

I think DivingIn talks about the old DIGI 9636, which has no jitter suppression anyway. Regarding the AIO I think that you have not yet discovered all that the card can do for you. You are definitely not paying a lot for nothing - you get a great tool with lots of things the DIGI 9636 never had or could do.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME