Topic: RME's European repair service is THE WORST I've ever experienced!!

First of all: I'm a big fan of RME's sound cards. We've been using a fireface 400 in our studio for the last three years, and it's been working perfectly.

But in early november it broke down due to hot wiring. We sent it for repair straight away. The local service center had it by tuesday November 9, and they sent it to Germany by friday November 12, as I recall.

Today, January 17, after 2½ month of waiting and waiting, and numerous calls to the local service center in Denmark, I finally receive.... no not the sound card, but the estimated cost of repair!
That's 2½ months after I sent it for repair!!!

2½ MONTHS for nothing but a letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never, ever in my entire life experienced such a petty excuse for a service! This is the worst any company has ever treated me! How dare you spend 2½ month only for sending me a letter with an estimate?! You haven't even started fixing the damn thing yet!! How long is that gonna take?! Another 2½ months?

How the F.... can you spend 2½ month NOT fixing my sound card?! And without any kind of communication?!
RME should seriously take a look at their service. I will never recommend anyone buying your equipment again - if it breaks, you can obviously wait for months and months without any kind of treatment that can even remotely be described as something related to 'service'.
No company should be allowed to treat their customers this badly.

Consider this a warning, all RME users: This has nothing to do with being professional. If you're a professional musician, you can't depend on RME for support. They treat you like dirt and don't even bother fixing your sound card until you've grown old.

Shame on you, RME.

Re: RME's European repair service is THE WORST I've ever experienced!!

Well, we will find out the interesting details later, but one thing first: complaining about a repair cost estimation in front of the repair is just utter nonsense. This is exactly what everyone wants to have, so one can decide if the repair is worth it or not. I check the other stuff.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by kasaudio 2011-01-17 22:04:40)

No one here complains about a repair cost estimation before repair, but about how long it took just to estimate the cost. (For those who does not want to see what is obvious.)

Thanks for being patient. It turned out that unit arrived at the repair center on 20.11. Unfortunately an unexpected combination of people getting ill (german winter time), a missing notification about the already done repair cost estimation, and the upcoming christmas/new year holiday led to this embarrasing long wait time.

We have examined the case thoroughly and made changes so that it should not happen again. At the same time please note that this is not the norm, just a one time human error. Sorry that it hit just you.

As a small compensation for the long wait time you will not have to pay any repair costs nor shipping costs. The unit is on its way and should arrive in a few days at Kinovox.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry about your suffered situation.
Unfortunately most of the time complains are sent more often than happy experience reports.
So, I feel it is right me to tell that I have had to do with Rme's repair service three times in 8 years ( different products) and everytime has been a truly positive experience.
Last time it was 3 months ago.

I think Rme deserves this positive feedback and I feel I had to send this earlier.

my best,
Luca

6 (edited by Eric Bradley 2011-01-21 00:03:12)

MC wrote:

As a small compensation for the long wait time you will not have to pay any repair costs nor shipping costs. The unit is on its way and should arrive in a few days at Kinovox.

There we have it folks!
This is the way to treat you customers.

Kudos to Mr Carsten and RME.

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

Dear MC

Wow, thanks a lot. I take it back - great service!

I love you RME!

Hi,

Cool, MC have helped me out as well with repair of my FF800
a couple years a go, and my FF800 just works great from august 2004 !
knock on wood :-)

thanks

regards S-EH