Topic: Adat in/out appears to not be working

I have input an mpc4000 via adat out to the adat 1 of the ff800, i have also tried 2. I have been unable to get the ff to 'see' the adat input no matter how many configurations I try in the settings DeadHorse

I had the same set up working with a multiface so I am quite sure it is something i am doing wrong with the ff800. The adat outputs of the ff800 don't seem to be doing much either (no light in the toslink cable). Some assistance would be appreciated as I fear there may be a hardware fault  :roll

Re: Adat in/out appears to not be working

At first connect FF800's adat1 output to adat1 input. Set clock mode to "master" when connecting outputs back to inputs. You should see Adat1 green led (and valid synch reference in FF control panel). Maybe optical cable is defect, try with different. Check signal routing in TotalMix.

kasaudio wrote:

At first connect FF800's adat1 output to adat1 input. Set clock mode to "master" when connecting outputs back to inputs. You should see Adat1 green led (and valid synch reference in FF control panel). Maybe optical cable is defect, try with different. Check signal routing in TotalMix.

Is master sync mode now> clock mode: Internal ? I am used to the autosync feature of my earlier multiface card. The newer fireface settings dialogue is a bit different. I have tried the procedure you laid out but the adat is still kaputt. I am not sure if the cable is working, it was working previously and has only been in storage for a short time.

Yes, Master is Internal now.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Well, it would seem that I am really up adat shit creek!  The toslink cable does not emit light from the adat output. It does output light from the mpc adat board. Am I doing something foolish? I hope so...

You sholud see red light from adat output as well as from toslink cable connected to output.

Ah... Looks like there may be a hardware fault then... There is no light coming from either of the adat outputs in any configuration in the ff800 settings. Has anyone else experienced non working adat in/outs? What can be done to remedy the situation? Perhaps I will try installing a different driver just to see if I can get any life from them. I am running windows 7 64 bit with the latest drivers from rme at present. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi,

In FF Settings dialog
All channels active ?

regards S-EH

I have tried most combinations and had the adats available in the bandwidth setting (as they wouldn't work otherwise). This is not the problem... therefore, it looks like a hardware failure of some kind. Can someone at rme please advise, I am based in the uk.

If you also purchased in the UK, please contact Synthax UK. Else, contact the retailer.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I bought the unit 2nd hand, so I am not sure where this leaves me.

I may test it with another system (this means lots of messing) to see if it is defective or if it is a software problem. The fact that no red light signal is present at the adat outputs is not encouraging but I would like to know if the unit itself is faulty.

This is only in case of there not being another way to get the adat working, but what can i do in the present situation regards repair?

Please mail me the serial number.

Regards
Danel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I'll send it in a pm in a mintue.

I just powered on my multiface and checked the adat output and it was alight and working without any drivers etc. Should the ff800 adat be likewise on regardless of signal inputs?

Opened it up. The adat/digital board had become decoupled from the main board, just put it back in and hey presto! Working! Not sure how others feel about looking under the hood, but this was a simple fix. Thanks for your assistance in trying to figure the problem :-)