Topic: Fireface UC with Pro Tools 9

Hello at RME,

I use a Fireface UC with Logic 9, and it has been lovely ... no problems for many months.

However, Ive recently added Pro Tools 9 to my system (Mac Pro, OSX 10.6.6) and my beautiful little world has collapsed.

First, my Lynx Aurora 8 wouldnt get the right sample rate from the FF UC via the ADAT connection (still doesnt, it senses 96k when my session is at 48k) which disabled all my hardware inserts.

Then I noticed that in my audio devices, it now shows Digi Coreaudio device, instead of Fireface. Suddenly, my Mac switched to the internal speaker for playback. Now the Totalmix only crashes when I try to open it. Finally, I get no sound whatsoever out of my system... total collapse.

This looks like it is going to be a long, difficult problem, and I would be glad to have any useful input from you!

Thanks for helping!

joedoc

Re: Fireface UC with Pro Tools 9

anyone?

Re: Fireface UC with Pro Tools 9

Problem solved - PT fix explained in the other post.
The Lynx Aurora was brain-f$%^ed by the firmware update of the RME FF UC, causing it to see double the sample rate on 44.1 and 48k settings. The Aurora required a hard reset, which is done by turning it off, unplugging, holding the sample rate select key for 2 sec to purge, then plugging in and powering up while holding the s.r key for a couple more seconds. After that it synced fine to 44.1 and 48 as well as 88.2 & 96.
joe