Topic: 10.6.6: HDSPe won't start. Stumped ;(

I'm not sure what's going on. My HDSPe PCIe + MF1 have been working on this MBP sytem for a long time. I did a fresh install of 10.6 (now 10.6.6) and OS X transferred my "settings" from my old setup including the HDSPe driver. It was working fine till I encountered a problem with Logic (yet unresolved) that causes it to crash on saving. I completely reinstalled Logic, which changed nothing.

Then I noticed that in the system logs there was mention of an inability to initialize the HDSPe. So I installed the latest os x driver and rebooted. But now my HDSPe won't start at all. Whenever I try to launch the "DSP" icon, it immediately quits.

The PCIe card is recognized as inserted by the system, but the MF now indicates no connection (Host light is red). I've tried removing the card and removing power to the Multiface, connecting the HDSPe alone, but the driver won't load.

I hope it isn't hardware... Any suggestions?

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

Re: 10.6.6: HDSPe won't start. Stumped ;(

Did you uninstall before the reinstall? If not, try it. Trash all files listed below, restart, empty trash, repair disk permissions then install the current driver again.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5004

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: 10.6.6: HDSPe won't start. Stumped ;(

Thanks, Jeff! That nailed it. I wish all my other problems were so easily fixed... :-)

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1