1 (edited by Jp008 2011-01-23 18:53:56)

Topic: SPDIF Coaxial -> Toslink -> Digi9636 ADAT input.. possible ?

Greetings, been awhile since a post on an RME site. I used to bug people for answers on the RME e-mail based newgroups about a decade ago. :-) It was always a helpful experience though. I learned how to plug an adapter into an adapter into an adapter into an adapater into..
Anyways, recently I've stumbled upon these little converter boxes:
Digital Coaxial SPDIF to Toslink Optical Digital Converter
So I bought one and I'm trying to get my Digi9636 to recognize it in this manner. SPDIF Coaxial -> Toslink -> Digi9636 ADAT In
Am I just fishing around in the dark here or is this even possible? I've also tried going into on my breakout box like this.. SPDIF Coaxial -> Toslink -> AUX In..  with no such luck either. Maybe there's a specific adapter I need to do this? Thanks for any insight or info anyone can provide.

Re: SPDIF Coaxial -> Toslink -> Digi9636 ADAT input.. possible ?

These units are sold world-wide and work. I think you forgot to switch the optical input to SPDIF mode.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Jp008 2011-01-23 18:26:55)

Thanks for the response. Alright, it seems the issue I'm having here is centered around my ADAT2 input. I've now noticed the digi settings control panel (under "SPDIF In") only reads "Lock" when I plug this device into my ADAT1 input. When I plug it into my ADAT2 it is reading "No Lock". So.. I'm assuming this has something to do with the digi control panel only having an "ADAT1" selection dot under "SPDIF In", since I do not see a selection dot for an ADAT2 SPDIF input. Is there something else I'm missing? Thank again.

Only the first optical input can be switched to SPDIF mode. Also, lock means incorrect sync. Set the card to Autosync, please.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by Jp008 2011-01-23 19:08:33)

Thanks for the info. That definitely helps to know (no SPDIF on ADAT2 In). Not sure why my "SPDIF In" section was reading lock at some point though, but it does say "44.1 kHz" now when plugged into ADAT1 with Autosync on. Issue solved. Appreciate it..