Topic: Driver - Win 7 - PC Auto-Start Problem

I updated my FF 800 to the latest the other day and since it's drivers won't auto-start - as is known. I follow the instructions MC laid out in http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348 thread to no avail.. Upon start-up the box for starting fireface.exe is there, I click run and the firefacemix.exe wants to run, so I click run and all is well.. When I follow the directions above the Fireface isn't showing a yellow warning signal and when I try to update, it shows it's current.. In the FF About box it show driver 3.034, date 17.12.10, hardware Revision 2.77

Did a miss a fix or a step in the fix? Thanks!

FF800, i7 970, 12GB Ram, Win 7 64, Cubase 5, WaveLab 7

Re: Driver - Win 7 - PC Auto-Start Problem

What exactly is the problem? The device seems to be correctly installed...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

Upon startup, the device doesn't auto-start - neither the FF tray icon or the totalmix icon are in the sys tray. I follow the directions outlined above to Update Software Drive and it's shown as the current one. There is no yellow warning as indicated on the FF in Device Manager.. I get two dialogue boxes at startup asking me if I want to run fireface.exe, I click Run and immediately following that, it asks if I want to run firefacemix.exe and I click Run. I get a quick hourglass and both the FF & T-mix sys tray icons are there and I can get to work.

Thanks for any help Daniel!

You missed the step of un-checking the box "Ask me every time" on the dialog boxes.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

5 (edited by Sid Chigger 2011-01-23 20:41:25)

A Ha!

So next time, I untick those boxes and I'm good to go?

I'll give 'er a try..

Bingo!

Thanks Jeff - Happy Sunday to ya!