Topic: Fireface UC > Yamaha HS7s (Treat Me Like I'm 5!)

Hi folks,

First off, please treat me like I'm a five year old child; I've been recording for years, but this is my first foray into digital and I'm a little confused...!

I have a Fireface UC and I'm trying to output the sound to my Yamaha HS7 monitors. I have the speakers plugged in to 3 & 4 on the balanced output at the rear, but I can't figure out how to get the sound to actually come out... Headphones; no problem. Monitors; not a clue.

I'm sure there's a setting with TotalMix that I should be messing about with, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Re: Fireface UC > Yamaha HS7s (Treat Me Like I'm 5!)

Hopefully you've sorted this out by now.

If not, use Assign in the Control Room to set Main Out to AN 3/4. Click on the Main fader to display the mix for Main and set the faders accordingly including an appropriate output level on the Main fader.

You need to remember that TotalMix FX is a matrix mixer. Each output has its own submix, so you need to select the output before setting the faders for that mix.

Re: Fireface UC > Yamaha HS7s (Treat Me Like I'm 5!)

David W wrote:

Hopefully you've sorted this out by now.

If not, use Assign in the Control Room to set Main Out to AN 3/4. Click on the Main fader to display the mix for Main and set the faders accordingly including an appropriate output level on the Main fader.

You need to remember that TotalMix FX is a matrix mixer. Each output has its own submix, so you need to select the output before setting the faders for that mix.

Thanks David, I'm slowly getting my head around it and figuring stuff out by trial and error. Actually the most critical problem I have right now is that the Fireface simply locks up after a few minutes of use sometimes, seemingly with no pattern, rhyme or reason. I've got the latest drivers on there, so I'm at a bit of a loss. The only way to recover is a full system reboot which isn't the most practical solution sad