Topic: [Solved] Cannot open TotalMix FX

I've been unable to open TotalMix FX at all.
No error messages/crashes.
Tried opening from .exe file directly (both regular Open and by running as Administrator).
RME UCX (latest drivers and firmware - tried uninstalling and reinstalling).
PC: Win 8.1 64 bit on MSI GS70 laptop (tried with just the laptop screen and also with two external monitors)
Tried various USB cables.
RME UCX otherwise working, but without access to TotalMix, cannot use the hardware for intended purpose (e.g. no phantom power).
Urgent assistance required as I've already had to cancel a session and will need to cancel more if I can't resolve this.

Re: [Solved] Cannot open TotalMix FX

I'm pleased to say I had a very rapid response (within minutes) from Daniel at RME asking for some further info re drivers.

Bizarrely the problem now seems to be fixed.

I'd downloaded and installed the drivers earlier this week. Uninstalled and re-installed. No joy.

I downloaded the drivers again today, reinstalled,restarted. Still no success. Customised the items that appear in the Windows taskbar (on the right) to ensure total mix was always there(not just notifications). No difference - and totalmix not appearing. Restated. Total mix opened of its accord. It now has a different icon (RMElogo on grey backround with a rotary knob) - the old one had a fader and meter.

Not sure whether this will be of any use to anyone, but just in case thought I'd post here. Thanks again to RME for the speedy email!

All the best,
Dan

Re: [Solved] Cannot open TotalMix FX

"customized the items that appear in the Windows taskbar (on the right) to ensure total mix was always there(not just notifications)."

This resolved my issue of it not showing up

Thanks!