1 (edited by daxliniere 2014-10-07 03:24:18)

Topic: TotalMix FX - more phones sends, please

Hello all,
I would love to see these feature in TotalMix FX:

1) All outputs should be available as phones sends.
Currently ADAT 1+2 and ADAT 3+4 are the highest. I need all ADAT channels for correct routing. PLEASE, this is holding me back.

2) More headphone assigns.
4 sends is not enough, 8 is probably enough (for me). Number of headphone sends should be assignable in the preferences window.

3) Ability to rename my headphone outputs.
I work with a different band almost every day and it would be nice to be able to rename the outputs so instead of 'Phones 1', 'Phones 2', 'Phones 3', I could have "Johnny", "Mary", "Fred".

Loyal RME user since 2001
[AMD 5800X, 32Gb RAM, Win10x64, NVidia GTX1080ti, UCX+UFX, REAPER x64]

Re: TotalMix FX - more phones sends, please

Agreed!  I've been requesting 8 Phones CR outputs for the MADIFace-XT since I've had it.  Other users that don't need them won't even know they are there (un-assigned Phones channels simply disappear in the Control Room making this expansion completely transparent to people needing less than 8 HP's).

Re-Naming would also be nice, but I can deal with that part.  Ability to re-name the Master Out would also be cool in one of my setups ("Main Out" of my HDSPe MADI card actually feeds a Marshall 9005 Tube Power Amp and a Marshall 1960B cabinet!  lol )

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Hey Randyman, thanks for the support.

To my logic, the code for the number of sends must already exist, same with which channels are assignable as outputs and we definitely know that track labels can be changed since we can do it on the input row.

Hopefully we can get some more support from Matthias & co. smile

> 1) All outputs should be available as phones sends.

You seem not to use the latest driver with the latest TM FX...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by daxliniere 2014-10-07 12:55:32)

MC wrote:

You've made my day big_smile
Thanks Matthias & team!

6 (edited by daxliniere 2014-10-07 13:00:48)

Not to seem ungrateful, but how about those other two requests?
Is there any difficulty in implementing them?

All the best,
Dax.

2 is on our list, 3 is not planned. You are aware that due to the Talkback button every normal output can be used as typical phones output? And then you have your naming as well...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by daxliniere 2014-10-07 14:15:18)

You are aware that due to the Talkback button every normal output can be used as typical phones output?

Hmm... I never considered that before. So, what is the point of the 'phones section at all?
I use an ARC and I very much like having cue buttons assignable to headphones, even if it is only a maximum of 7 headphones. This is the only difference I can see. And that they're grouped to the right on the Control Room section (where they probably should be, honestly).

While I think of it, could we please have an option so that when you click a Cue button, it changes the active channel to the cued track, please? Once cue is disabled, it should switch submix back to the master (or previously selected submix.)

Why? Because it would improve the workflow to setting up submixes and avoid adjusting levels of the wrong submix.

Thanks for listening, Matthias, and to RME for providing the most incredible support out of any company I have ever dealt with. Honestly. There's a reason I've been using RME for almost 14 years. smile

Perhaps you could make the ARC buttons assignable to cue ANY channel? This would solve everything, right?

10 (edited by Randyman... 2014-10-07 18:38:55)

daxliniere wrote:

Perhaps you could make the ARC buttons assignable to cue ANY channel? This would solve everything, right?

Neat idea, and would effectively make any output channel a good candidate for Phones feeds. 

That addresses everything but a nice neat Control Room section with all of your monitoring outputs contained within.  I really like having the Phones 1-4 in the CR (obviously use them most frequently), and it would be nice to maintain this layout with Phones 5-8.  With TM-FX being such a nice upgrade from the plain old TM I used until last year, it makes sense to keep the standards set very high and push for these kinds of sensible integrations IMO (especially with an interface that has 198 outputs!).

Also, the ability to select the Phones Level from the ARC is neat (generally only use that for HP1 / My engineering HP feed).

Re-Naming would be neat, but I'm fine with the generic "Phones" naming (I also have Phones 5-8 re-named accordingly).  I'm consistent with the "Phones 1" nomenclature from Nuendo's sends through TMFX to the HP Amps and even HP Cabling.

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

MC wrote:

> 1) All outputs should be available as phones sends.

Hi Matthias,
I just installed latest USB Windows software for UFX and I still get only up to ADAT 3+4.
I even downloaded TMFX 1.04 b4 and still nothing.

Drive date: 25.09.14
Driver version: 1.059
Hardware Revision: 357

Hi,

unfortunately you are right and there will be no quick change of this state. UCX, UFX and 802 need a DSP firmware update to use all channels for Mains and Phones, and that will not come for that feature, but later with other changes.

Babyface and UC are still limited as well, but here it is just the next TM FX version which will change that.

Sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME