Re: New HDSP(e) series Windows driver generation 4.x

Does it work with other settings? Or wasn't it set at all?

You can check that the registry values are in their correct state. Do a search for 'Phones Level' with regedit and you will find all the entries of the Settings dialog. Note that the path must include 'CurrentControlSet', otherwise continue the search. You can then toggle them and hit F5 to see if the value changes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

52 (edited by Dandruff 2014-07-31 15:05:55)

MC wrote:

Phones setting is the only thing I need. But I've just tested the others and they seem to lock properly except this one:

"Sample Rate" (Frequency) setting definitely isn't locked at all. Registry value changes with Lock enabled. I guess this is intended?

MC wrote:

You can check that the registry values are in their correct state. Do a search for 'Phones Level' with regedit and you will find all the entries of the Settings dialog. Note that the path must include 'CurrentControlSet', otherwise continue the search. You can then toggle them and hit F5 to see if the value changes.

Yeah, the Phones Level setting stays at "2" with Lock enabled.

But: I'm getting this behaviour here:

Reboot: All fine (locked settings getting loaded)

Shutdown + new boot: Locked settings not getting loaded. Weird.

Can you reproduce this?

We'll check that. Thanks for the details.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks!

Any plans/possibility for ARC control?
(I'm on Aes/ebu pcie)

If not is there a list of controllers that will work?

Regards
Søren bendixen

This is strange: a few reboots in W7-64 and the new 4.x mixer is gone! Where is it installed to and what is it actually called?

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

What does "gone" mean? Are you sure it's not just hidden in the task bar?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

What does "gone" mean? Are you sure it's not just hidden in the task bar?

No: it's not in the taskbar, and it's not in the hidden icons, and it's not in the "Customize..." menu of the hidden icons popup. The only thing I see is the "Hammerfal DSP Settings" applet (which says the Driver is "Version 4.0").

Actually, I have a history of losing the RME Settings and TM applets on the taskbar of this system. So much so that I created shortcuts to the dll's so I can launch them when they disappear from the taskbar. This is why I want to know what the TM FX dll is called and where it's installed. Thanks!

Does the process not even appear in the task manager?

There is no dll, TM FX is a simple exe file in windows/system32.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

60 (edited by undertone 2014-08-11 16:02:45)

Thanks! So for the record it's called "TotalMixFX.exe" located  in "Windows\System32\"...

No, it wasn't even operational in Task Manager. I really don't know why this happens on my system, but all of RME's applets seem to disappear from the taskbar after a time. Using shortcuts, I can re-animate them when I need them. I've been working this way for over two years. I've mentioned it before, but it seems no one else has this problem. The shortcuts work fine. And you're right, sorry: they're all execs, not dlls.

Thanks for adding adat outputs 17-24 to Control Room assignment in TMFX beta 5!

But I just came across another problem, in fact one that reminds me of a bug that was once present in a previous driver version, (a long time ago). Last weeks I only did arranging and mixing, but today was my first live recording session with HDSP 4.0 and TMFX. The problem is related to Automatic Direct Monitoring (tested with Cubase Nuendo).

Create an audio track in Cubase (let's try mono for now)
Input connected to ADAT 1
Routed to Cubase Master out which is connected to ADAT 1-2 (stereo of course)
Enable monitoring
With Automatic DM enabled Total Mix should follow the level and PAN of the Cubase channel
It does that for the level fader but unfortunately NOT for PAN. Pan is centered in Cubase but in TMFX it is hard left resulting in audio output to the left channel only instead of centered between 1-2.

Tested with TMFX beta 2 and beta 5.
Used Cubase 7.5 and 6.5 (just for being sure) and HDSP 9652

Reverting to HDSP driver version 3.42 (or before) with old TM resolves the problem right away and ADM behaves as expected.

Thanks for looking into this.

That is not a bug. Set the channels in TM FX as you have them in Cubase (mono for input...) and it will work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC, that is indeed correct. Like that it works as expected and same as with previous TM.

However I wonder, is there a good reason why it doesn't work all the same with stereo inputs in TMFX? In fact it's just the PAN that should follow Cubase I guess. Maybe I'm overlooking something.

But anyhow problem solved, we can work like that!

Best regards.

Your setup does not contain correct information to adress such a scheme. It is based on mono inputs to stereo outputs. Stereo inputs do not work with single (mono) channel pan information but a stereo channel pan information...pan and you'll notice the difference...

Now change Cubase to stereo inputs, same in TM FX and wowza it works...because both schemes match again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Dandruff wrote:
MC wrote:

Phones setting is the only thing I need. But I've just tested the others and they seem to lock properly except this one:

"Sample Rate" (Frequency) setting definitely isn't locked at all. Registry value changes with Lock enabled. I guess this is intended?

MC wrote:

Yeah, the Phones Level setting stays at "2" with Lock enabled.

But: I'm getting this behaviour here:

Reboot: All fine (locked settings getting loaded)

Shutdown + new boot: Locked settings not getting loaded. Weird.

Can you reproduce this?

Some other Win8.1 users who can reproduce this? MC can't.

Wow! Thanks a lot. This covers most of my ideas/requests I had for the old Totalmix in another thread in June. A little embarrassing, but I first learned about TotalmixFX after that request. ;-) Well, I've been AB testing 4.x to 3.42 today and found that in ProTools 10.3.9 I get more glitches and stops with 4.x than with 3.42. 4.x seems to be more sensitive to heavy screen redrawing. I tested by scrolling quickly back and forth in the PT-mixer window. I also got glitches adjusting the main-fader in TMFX itself.

In Saw Studio 5.2 I didn't get glitches. But SS is using only 2 cpus, while I've set Pro Tools to use 7 out of 8. SS seems to be working fine accept for one thing. The TMFX window is NEVER on top, unless you check the always on top flag in TMFX. 

I got a HDSP9652 card, Win7Pro and a Dell Precision T7400+Nvidia QuadroFX1700. Buffer=128. WDM=1.
I hope this was to some help with further development of the driver upgrade. Cause that's what it is !!! Not an update smile

Since all I got crickets chirping when I posted this on the general thread, and it does involve the new Windows drivers:

On my RayDat with using TotalMix Fx, I'm unable to see either AES or spdif in the assign tab for the main outs.

There is no such issue with the UFX and TotalMix FX...what gives?

Thanks, awaiting reply...

12tone wrote:

Since all I got crickets chirping when I posted this on the general thread, and it does involve the new Windows drivers:

On my RayDat with using TotalMix Fx, I'm unable to see either AES or spdif in the assign tab for the main outs.

There is no such issue with the UFX and TotalMix FX...what gives?

Thanks, awaiting reply...

Go back a page and read post #32... All the outputs are available now

Windows 11 / Nuendo 12 / UFX+ / M-1610 Pro / ADI-2 Pro FS R / Sonnet USB 3.0 PCIe

Thanks a bunch Robin for pointing that out...

You're welcome. Glad it helped.

Windows 11 / Nuendo 12 / UFX+ / M-1610 Pro / ADI-2 Pro FS R / Sonnet USB 3.0 PCIe

http://www.itcentralpoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Apple-Logo_QuestionMark_Small.png

big_smile

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM45qs3j0w99knN3LR1rz1vlSWXvakmJlaLXVDJRtZE3xOBHTLh1Khziyd

big_smile

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Schöner apple schöne Uhr!!!
dennoch: ist die lücke der GUI TMFX zwischen den kanalanzeigen und den snapshot/layout etc spalten gewollt? warum ist das MF window so groß wie das HDSP 9652 ,welches auch diesen grauen zackenspalt zwischen den Kanalzügen und den Bedienelementen hat?
TM alt hat da ein besseres Erscheinnugsbild mit einem durchgehend gefültem panel....
...oder kann es sein , dass meine GPU - Intel 4600 HD im chipsatz z87 -das nicht richtig schafft...?

...und, welchen beta-stand hat der treiber momentan?
Dank und gruß
Peter

very nice!! I am seeing good performance with WDM when working with multiple sample rates, eg.  listing to Media player at 48kz then switching to ASIO 44khz do work in a audio editor.

Version 4.03 Windows and 4.00 (Mac) are now offical releases on our website. Users that need information about TotalMix FX should download the special manual from here:

English: https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/wi … er_4_e.pdf

German: https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/wi … er_4_d.pdf

Mac users simply ignore the first chapters about Windows Settings, WDM etc. The parts about TotalMix FX are valid for both platforms.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hey Matthias,

Thanks, once again, for this update. And, also for the new version 4.03.

It has made a big difference to my workflow.

Keep 'em coming!!! wink

Ciao,
Robin

AWESOME! Thank you. Seems to work flawlessly at the moment. [Mac OS 10.9.5] . Will let you know if anything changes

Feature request:

Preferences: "Dynamic Meters + "Count MADI channels ..." options should be greyed out/disabled if no supported card is installed (HDSP9632 for example).

79 (edited by Thermaltake 2014-10-07 11:03:08)

Can someone give me link for 4.00 drivers I need to install them again and uninstall becouse when I uninstall Windows driver package 4.0.0 from add remove program he just reapper again, and I can't remove him... I think something got mess up with previous uninstallation I think installing them and uninstalling again will help.

I have two machine, one for DAW (W7/64) and the other used as a software sampler (XP), each one has its own digiface connected (PCIe for daw, PCI for sampler).
I've just downloaded the 4.04 following the 4.03 link (?), but once installed on both machine I have the red led still on and a yellow mark on the device listing.
Rolling back to the 4.00 fix everything...
Maybe I need to clear every trace of the old driver or what?

TY
3FRS

Do a cold reboot after driver installation, including unpowering the external Digiface box. And check the firmware versions.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thermaltake wrote:

Can someone give me link for 4.00 drivers I need to install them again and uninstall becouse when I uninstall Windows driver package 4.0.0 from add remove program he just reapper again, and I can't remove him... I think something got mess up with previous uninstallation I think installing them and uninstalling again will help.

Someone please I need it, tnx.

I doubt it will fix whatever mysterious you see there, but here it is:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … in_400.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Do a cold reboot after driver installation, including unpowering the external Digiface box. And check the firmware versions.

Fixed in the PCI machine, I've moved the card inside its slot and now it's OK...
In the PCIe I've tried to turn on and off in all the possible way without success, and it is hard to open the case and move the card due to its position (I'll do it when I'll have time).
I don't have power supply for the units. They're fed by the FW cable. Are you thinking about low startup current?

TY
3frs

85 (edited by Thermaltake 2014-10-11 19:23:06)

MC wrote:

I doubt it will fix whatever mysterious you see there, but here it is:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … in_400.zip

Tnx!

As I predicted correctly it did fix the problem, now I have only the latest one showing in add remove programs not both of them.

Good then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

87 (edited by dilly 2014-10-12 19:16:48)

Hi MC

After updated to 4.04 (win 8.1 RAYdat) I have noticed some of the behavior has changed regarding WDM and sample rate..

The previous "fix" for changing sample rates and WDM audio sources seems to be no longer function as 4.03.

The issue is that WDM audio will be stopped completely when changing sample rates, I have the "optimize multi-client" mixing option enabled (as I did in 4.03)

My example situation and re-production steps:

- set sample rate to 48khz
- watch a youtube video
- switch sample rate to 44khz
- audio stops from WDM

thanks

Fully correct behavior. You have to check the default playback device and simply start playback again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you!

This kind of long term support and loyalty towards your existing customers is the exact reason I rely on RME for 1,5 decade and I would recommend RME to anyone without a doubt.

I think a lot of companies can learn a lot from RME's business model to establish a long term relationship with their customers and truly build a trustful brand.

When I need to buy a new interface in the future the question is not: What brand? The question is: What RME?

--
RME AIO
P9X79, i7 3930K, 16GB, HD6450
Windows 7 pro 64 Bit

I've tried both: cold reboot and driver installation with the box disconnected.
As said before, the PCI-XP machine now works, the PCIe-w7/64 not.
I've forgotten to say that this last has the TCO.
Now i'm back to the 4.0 without problems.

3FRS wrote:
MC wrote:

Fixed in the PCI machine, I've moved the card inside its slot and now it's OK...
In the PCIe I've tried to turn on and off in all the possible way without success, and it is hard to open the case and move the card due to its position (I'll do it when I'll have time).
I don't have power supply for the units. They're fed by the FW cable. Are you thinking about low startup current?

TY
3frs

91 (edited by Purusha 2014-10-14 13:09:54)

Just in case this info is useful:

I jumped on-board with the new version at 4.0.3.

Some Cubase projects (which had lots of external instrument inputs) refused to load.

I tried removing access to VSTis and VSTfx by moving the directories. Tried increasing buffer sizes etc., but no luck.

Then 4.0.4 landed and hey-presto, I can now load the projects.

Not conclusive, but just letting you know that 4.0.4 has improved the situation.

Hello,
I own a RME Multiface II interface connected via a Pci express card to a Windows 7 64 bits PC.
I tried to update the driver from 3.4.2 to 4.0.4 (First I have uninstalled the 3.4.2 driver) in order to use the Totalmix FX.
This driver 4.0.4 works fine with DAW applications, like Samplitude or Presonus Studio one.
Nevertheless, I experienced an issue with some media players, like VLC or SmPlayer : I had no more sound in these applications, though I have correctly configured the audio settings in each application.
Did some of you already experience this kind of issue ?
So, I re-installed the 3.4.2 driver and I use it now with Totalmix Fx; it's not a problem for me, since TotalMix Fx works fine with the 3.4.2 driver. I believed that it was mandatory to install 4.x driver for using Totalmix Fx, but it seems that's not the case.
If there is a known issue with some media players, do you think that a new driver version will come soon to fix it ?

Thank's

MC wrote:

Do you think that powering the boxes externally would allow the latest driver to work?

94 (edited by undertone 2014-10-20 14:22:43)

Updated to TMFX 4.01 on Lion MBP yesterday (HDSPe + MF2). Just had to kill TMFX because it was using up high CPU (80%+) and I couldn't interact with it anymore (beachballed).

On relaunch seems ok again. FYI...

An addendum to the above: it seems TMFX goes into overload when the MBP is awakened but the MF2 remains in disconnect mode for too long (some hours, in fact); after a time it starts using lots of CPU (I can tell from the fans) and must be quit and restarted after resuming the MF2 connection for things to be normal again. TMFX normally uses about 7% on my old 2007 system.

Please clarify disconnect mode. ExpressCard still in but MF disconnected or without power? Did you intentionally activate Disconnect in the Settings dialog before?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Please clarify disconnect mode. ExpressCard still in but MF disconnected or without power? Did you intentionally activate Disconnect in the Settings dialog before?

"Disconnect" in this case is clicking on the check box called "Disconnect" of the ""I/O Box" section of the HDSPe Settings and then putting the MBP to sleep. The MF2 remains powered with an adapter and physically connected by cable; ExpressCard still in MBP. After the MBP is re-awakened, I go the same settings and uncheck "Disconnect".

I got into the habit of doing this with the old TM because if I didn't, then some of the MF2 channels feeding a Digiface would create a disturbing pop in the sound system when the MBP went to sleep and the meters of these channels on the Digiface TM showed a static reading (around 0dB) that persisted until the MBP was re-awakened. I don't remember if the pop happened again on reconnection.

Maybe I don't need to do this anymore. I'll check...

That's a nice info, we will check the CPU load problem in this configuration.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

As per above, I stopped "Disconnecting" when putting the MBP to sleep and apart from a quick jump in the meters when I wake the MBP, I'm not getting any annoying thump in the speakers.

However, since I stopped "Disconnecting" and reconnecting as described above, when I wake up the MBP, the HDSP Settings display a blank for the external device ("Properties For") and the MF2's WC and ADAT LEDs blink on and off (both are connected). I have to close the HDSPe Settings  ("Quit") and restart it for things to become normal (recognized, synced, and working MF2).

Notes:
- All devices are synced to WC from the ADI-8DS
- MBP ADAT I/O feeds 1 ADAT I/O channel of Digiface
- When MBP is awakened the password is required (Security & Privacy : Require password for sleep...immediately.)

Question: is your ExpressCard updated to firmware 20?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME