Topic: 31-Band Equalizer on the Outputs would be great...

...for doing live shows just with the RME-Rack. This way the Main Speakers could be mached to the Room and Monitors could be treated to avoid Feedback in certain frequencies. Also I would have 3 Rack-Unites less to carry (Aphex-EQ). This would just be a wonderful update in the next Total Mix Release. Anything planned in this direction?

Cheers
Daniel

Re: 31-Band Equalizer on the Outputs would be great...

You can easly do this with the existing 3 band parametric. I have seen a lot of those 31 band EQs set up for speakers/room, and in most cases a 3 band parametric EQ is enough to replace them.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for your respond.
This might work for Sounddesign but not for killing frequencies.
There are allways more than 3 problem zones to cut with a narrow band (GEQ ist limited to 3 parametric knobs).
When I tune the room in, i go to the feedback limit with a spoken mic and trigger every frequency on the 31-band. First left speaker, then for the right speaker. I reduce every feedbacking with the proportional amout of feedback danger (which mostly is also frequency buildup in a room). This simple method results in a tight and unboomy sound and is as effektiv, quicker and more musical than mesuring the room (for sure mesuring also has it's advantages).
The Mackie DL 1608 software has this option for all outputs... together with the possibility to ad images of instruments to the channels the only advantage to the fireface.
Kind regards
Daniel

4 (edited by RichardC 2014-06-27 15:31:08)

I agree, it would really help if the parametrics had 5 bands and a higher Q - 45 would be good.

This situation also applies to some instruments in a live event.  An electric or acoustic string instrument often has a single note that has a problem and needs some EQ.

5 (edited by Potscrubber 2014-06-27 22:10:50)

Sounds like you guys want to turn Totalmix into a live sound console.  I mean, where does it end?

Madiface XT, Madiface, 3x Micstasy, ADI8QS
Sequoia 17, W10 x64
https://bsound.co.nz/tools-nix

6 (edited by RichardC 2014-06-28 02:56:49)

Potscrubber - The 'problem' is that RME products are so good that more people are using them for live mixing and recording.  With a few more tweaks TMFX (with a UFX and an XTC) could easily replace a 24 channel console.  I'm sure that RME realise that this is a major market opportunity.

could imagine, that this could be some inspiration for the fireface. would be great to have those features on the clean sounding rme ufx...

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X32-RACK.aspx

great ipad interface, stagebox option, digital multicore, loads of effects (31band, emt/lexiconverbs, deesser ...)

chole wrote:

...for doing live shows just with the RME-Rack. This way the Main Speakers could be mached to the Room and Monitors could be treated to avoid Feedback in certain frequencies. Also I would have 3 Rack-Unites less to carry (Aphex-EQ). This would just be a wonderful update in the next Total Mix Release. Anything planned in this direction?

Cheers
Daniel

I achieve this by using Bidule and IK Multimedia ARC. Because RME drivers are multi-client, I can use the drivers for both Cubase and Bidule (for room correction). I know I could use ARC within the Cubase Control Room but by using with a separate program (Bidule), I don't have to have Cubase open and, with some creative routing,  everything can run through the room correction.

interesting stuff beatpete, would like to know more about your bidule setup. but: then the whole audio of a show runs through that laptop cpu? kind of scary isn't it...