1 (edited by waldemaR 2014-10-17 18:59:12)

Topic: TotalMix FX App with other

I have question reagarding use the iPad with to different Apps and Hardware.
It is possible to use for instance TotalMix FX for the UCX and  the App for the Eventide H9 with one iPad at the same time?
How they will connect then together?

Thank you for your help and answer.

All the best,

waldemaR

Re: TotalMix FX App with other

Hi,
the fireface is connected via cable and the eventide via bluetooth, You have to try.
One problem could be that the fireface is switching the samplerate when you change between different apps, so set all to the same samplerate.

Fireface UFX | Fireface800 | Babyface | Octamic II | ADI-2 | ADI-648 | Audient asp 008

3 (edited by waldemaR 2014-10-18 01:05:17)

Dear Urban,

thank you for the feedback.
Maybe i do an wrong example. Of course you can do it via bluetooth.
Ok, that i'm not wrong for understanding.
It is possible with the TotalMix App and the UCX and the Elektron Rytm with the Strom App.
I have not now the UCX. I'm thinking to buy and use with my iPad the TotalMix without the Computer and of course other App's.
I mean it simple can i use a powered USB Hub and connect them together?

All the best,

waldemaR

Urban wrote:

Hi,
the fireface is connected via cable and the eventide via bluetooth, You have to try.
One problem could be that the fireface is switching the samplerate when you change between different apps, so set all to the same samplerate.

No one has used the TotalMix App with the RME Audio Interface (UFX, UCX, FF-802 or Babyface) and the connection was over a powered USB-Hub?
I don't can this imagine.

All the best,

waldemaR

waldemaR wrote:

No one has used the TotalMix App with the RME Audio Interface (UFX, UCX, FF-802 or Babyface) and the connection was over a powered USB-Hub?

Of course not. The TMFX app only works with these devices in CC mode and connected directly to the iPad by way of the Camera Connection Kit.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

6 (edited by waldemaR 2014-10-19 14:21:48)

Dear Daniel,

thank you very much for an answer.

What does it mean CC Mode?
I'm not an Expert.

Can maybe this Device solve the problem?
http://www.inspektorgadjet.com/cerebelusb/

I was thinking to buy a new Soundcard, already have a FF-400 (it is fine for me).
The interesting point is too use the iPad in different ways live, also to use the TotalMix App with others.

Or is there something out (Lemur or Touch OSC) where i can use the TotalMix with others?

Thank you once again for a comment.

All the best,

waldemaR

RME Support wrote:
waldemaR wrote:

Of course not. The TMFX app only works with these devices in CC mode and connected directly to the iPad by way of the Camera Connection Kit.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

waldemaR wrote:

I'm not an Expert.

Then please download one of the latest manuals from our website and read the chapter decribing CC mode operation in detail.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by waldemaR 2014-10-19 16:12:07)

Thank you, i read it but i know now nothing more then before.

At least it looks like there is no solution out now to buy a new Soundcard.

waldemaR

MC wrote:
waldemaR wrote:

I'm not an Expert.

Then please download one of the latest manuals from our website and read the chapter decribing CC mode operation in detail.