Topic: Fireface 800, upgrading firmware: "Blank check, failed"

Hi guys!

I would be glad if someone could help me. I just bought a rme fireface 800 audio interface but when
trying to upgrade its firmware i gett this error message:

"Blank check, failed"

does anyone know what that means? i have tried to search other forums for the same error but havent found anyopne with the same problem!
All help appreciated

screen shoot of it:

http://randomsuperstar.com/ff800%20problem.JPG

Re: Fireface 800, upgrading firmware: "Blank check, failed"

Hi,

this means that the Update procedure failed. Switch the Fireface off and on and it will boot the old Firmware version. Then try again.

Regards, Claudio

i have switched the fireface off... but when i tried to upgrade
the firmware it erased the old firmware.. And i read that the card no
operates inder a second BIOS (secure bios technology).

i have tried to upgrade the firmware on a different computer also.. but getting the same error..
But that computer is running the same verion off win xp 32 bit. Could my windows version be the problem?
Man... this is killing me!

When the FF works flawlessly on both computers (have you already used it for audio?) and just the flashing fails on both (!) computers, then the flash itself might be the problem. That means sending in / warranty /exchange...you name it. Please contact your local dealer. And maybe you can try there to perform the update again (BTW, if this is a new unit the firmware shuld be the latest one already).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

well.. i`ve now been to myh local store.. we tried to update it via Mac.. It worked with a FW 800 cable
but not with a 4 meter long fw 400 cabel..
I upgradet it to the newest firmware and wnet home to chek it ou on my pc..
But when hooking it up to my computer it still says hardware revision n.a inn the fireface settings field!
The fireface card is over 2 years old... is this problem on the warrenty?

Hi there i got the same prob too.i downloaded the ff800's 3028 and the 2.77  and 2.9999 firmware and still got the same error message.

Fireface Flash Update Tool Rev 2.77

Hardware reversion 2.47

Programming Status blank check failed try again..

????????

That might be a hardware error, check with your local dealer or distributor.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

georgem, there is no need to generate further posts here. Contact the guys from Innovative Music Australia, they will help.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME