1 (edited by Baros 2014-10-30 22:30:26)

Topic: (fixed) TM FX loses connection after waking from sleep

Just bought a new Sony VAIO E series - Windows 8 64bit. Whenever the PC wakes from sleep or hibernation, TM FX can no longer communicate with the Babyface. Any changes made here make no difference; also the controls on the Babyface (i.e. volume changes) are not reflected in TM FX.

I am aware that this could be a VAIO / Windows / Babyface issue - as in just one of them, or combined.

Has anyone else experienced this on Windows 8? What about W8 running on VAIO machines?

Re: (fixed) TM FX loses connection after waking from sleep

Sorry for bumping, I really need to know if this is something that can be fixed. Thanks for understanding.

Driver version V 1.059 (09/25/2014) and/or internal firmware 223 (or maybe earlier, but still recent versions) fixed this issue.

I have escalated and insisted upon the matter both with Microsoft and Sony, and despite thoroughly exploring of all possible culprits, no solution was found.

If this behavior was never the result of incomplete Babyface support but was fixed anyway, congratulations! If not... well, it's been a long time...

Is this a USB 3.0 port? Could you try a USB 2.0 port then?

Does it make a difference whether you turn off "USB selective suspend" in the Windows power scheme (Control Panel -> Power Options -> Edit Plan Settings -> Change advanced power settings -> USB settings)?

Does it make a difference whether you turn off "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the respective USB device setting (Device Manager -> USB root hub/hub -> Energy Management)?

It doesn't matter now, since the issue was solved by the latest drivers. Or are you asking to test the behavior anyway to see what happens?

Alternately, I could try rolling back to previous drivers just to see whether turning off the two USB features you mention make a difference.

If it's of any relevance, the connection was lost both under standby and hibernate. Under standby, the LED's always remain lit, meaning there's no powering off. Under hibernate, the Babyface (as well as other USB devices such as MIDI keyboards) stop receiving power altogether, and resume when waking up.

No need to. I just wondered about the USB3 vs. USB2 ports, because some PC EFI (BIOS) by default only initialize the USB2 ports when the computer wakes up. My own desktop PC is setup that way, but can be changed. Usually Windows should take over anyway, but sometimes you never know. But since it's solved with the latest drivers we can just forget about it for the time being. wink

Sorry, I forgot to mention: it was USB2 all along.