Topic: Digiface + SM Pro Audio adda 192 (adat sync problem)

Hi there,

I need help connecting my 2 channel adda converter with my digiface. I have SM Pro Audio adda 192. I found the converter very cheap so i wanted to try it .

I connected from digiface adat1 out > adda digital in , i set the clock on the digiface on internal, but the converter is not syncing on the digiface.

Do i need to close the loop for them to sync, or do i need to slave the digiface in order for this setup to work ?

any help appreciated.

Re: Digiface + SM Pro Audio adda 192 (adat sync problem)

You need to understand the difference between ADAT and SPDIF and set the options in the Digiface Settings dialog correctly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

what do you mean by that ?

it was very  vaguely written in the converter's manual that the optical toslink transmits "spdif" format.... of course after that it all made sense...

thanks for poking my brain a bit anyway, MC.

Hello,

I too, am trying to connect an SM Pro ADDA 192-S to my Digiface. When I connect the two devices using the optical connectors (with the Digiface SPDIF output set to ADAT1), it seems to work fine. However, when I connect using the RCA coaxial SPDIF connectors and set the ADDA 192-S to external sync (with the Digiface set as the clock master), the ADDA 192-S loses sync almost constantly, causing dropouts in the playback of the audio. When I tried setting the ADDA 192-S as master, I never lose sync, but there are still pops and clicks in the playback of the audio. I would prefer to user the RCA connectors if possible. Any ideas why the ADDA 192-S would keep losing sync over coax, but not over the optical connectors?

BTW, I've used the Digiface's RCA coax connectors for years with a different converter (Behringer SRC2496) and have never had any problems with it.

Thanks,

Jon

Looks like the SMSL's coax input is not sensitive enough.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yeah, I think I'm just going to return the ADDA 192-S for a refund. It concerns me that it would have a problem with such basic functionality for a converter. I found a thread on another forum where someone else complained of the same problem (losing sync over the coax input), so maybe this was a common defect with these units.