Topic: DIGICheck Loopback Options

Hello! i've a little problem i don't really know how to solve.

i've recently moved to work with Mac OSX. installed the latest drivers and also installed the latest Digicheck.

what im trying to achieve is to Loopback the original signal to see it's original RMS.

cuz the level meter in Digicheck shows the original hardware output lvl. so in orded to check the RMS i need to take the LVL up and it's quite harrasing my monitors and my ears.

is there a way to listen to a track with normal volume and to check the real output signal level like it was on windows?

Thank you

Re: DIGICheck Loopback Options

Your description is unclear. Under Mac you can not check playback levels, that is a known limitation of DC compared to Windows. Loopback is the common workaround.

But what is your problem with RMS and the 'original' (what does that mean exactly?) signal?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Protoss 2014-11-04 09:16:29)

Hi thanks for your answer

sorry for my crooked explanation

the original signal level in RMS..

for example a Mastered EDM track that usually pretty loud, around -7, -5 RMS.

i only can see the real values when i reset the output signal level to 0 in totalmix.

http://postimg.org/image/kxglfwob9/

i guess ill have to use VST analysers to check that out. For years been working with Digicheck tools

Thank you

You don't have a free output that you could use as parallel full level loopback source?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah! I wast just searching for a workaround for this problem, too.
I'm also adjusting my monitoring volume with total mix since i sold my 01v96 and I'm using my old tascam DAT recorder as D/A-converter at the moment.
Switching to submix mode and assigning the s/p-dif playback track to the aes-ebu output and activating loopback does the trick - thanks!

MacPro'08 8x2.8, 10 GB RAM // MacBookAir 13" 2014
Logic Audio 10.2, Fireface 400