Topic: Hi-Z input in CC mode to Ipad/Auria question

Auria can only see my Hi-Z instrument input as mono Channel 2.  I would like to create a stereo channel in Auria, such as Channels1 and 2, from my instrument.  Quoting the Babyface Manual under CC Mode:

"When connected to an iPad, the analog mic/line input 1 works with mono apps, inputs 1 and 2
with stereo apps (both dual mono and stereo)"

If I connect my instrument to one of the XLR inputs (L or R), is there a way I can double this so Auria will see it as two channels, or do I need a Y-cable?  Is there a better way to do this, either from the Hi-Z instrument input or from one of the XLR inputs, using routing with TotalMix?

This is probably very simple, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Hi-Z input in CC mode to Ipad/Auria question

Auria - Menu - Input Matrix - select two tracks for channel 2 input.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Then you record dual-mono files, no advantage over single mono files but double file size!

Fireface UFX | Fireface800 | Babyface | Octamic II | ADI-2 | ADI-648 | Audient asp 008

So you have a better idea? Apart from that the OP did not reveal what this is good for in the first place...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No, but also no idea for what purpose one use dual mono files.
Fvw: can you explain your needs?

Fireface UFX | Fireface800 | Babyface | Octamic II | ADI-2 | ADI-648 | Audient asp 008

I did not explain why I wanted to do this in my original post.  My problem arises when I use a guitar amp simulator, such as JamUp Pro or Tone Stack, as an input to Auria by way of either IAA or Audiobus.  Auria will automatically create a stereo track.  I can assign one of the two stereo channels to the Babyface's Channel 2 ouput, but then I only get a recording on one side of the stereo track.

My original idea to get around this was to create a second output from the Babyface through Totalmix.

I'm thinking now the best thing would be to find a way to convert the one side of the stereo track with sound to mono after recording.

Ok, I figured out what I need to do- in Auria, solo my stereo guitar track and Mixdown using the Split Stereo and Import as New Track options; then delete the empty mono track.

I really appreciate both your responses.  They made me realize that my solution needed to be on the Auria, not the Babyface/TotalMix side of the equation.