1 (edited by trigg 2014-11-24 21:18:14)

Topic: Total mix routing problem

Hi,

I have upgraded my Fireface 800 to the new TotalMix (with a Windows 8 PC), but I have have serious routing issues.

For instance: I want to route my microphone (from analog input 9) to the main output.

What I used to do is just go into the Matrix, select channel AN 9 and just click on Out 1 & Out 2. That would do the trick.
However, in the new setup I no longer have AN 9 available as a separated channel, but only a stereo input channel called "AN 9 / 10".

If I click in the matrix, I  can only do a stereo routing and route AN9 to Output1 and AN10 to Output2. This should make sense if I was using these channels as a stereo-pair, but that's not the case.  So, now I can only hear my microphone from input 9 through the left channel.  Same goes for headphone routing.

I tried changing channel layout, select mono mode, but that doesn't help. I set routing option to 'free' but none seem to make any difference. I read in the manual something about a 'panorama function to route freely', but I'm unable to find that.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help, otherwise I have to downgrade to the previous version..

Re: Total mix routing problem

Set Channel 9 to mono in the settings panel of that channel in the normal TotalMix mixer view.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Total mix routing problem

Thanks guys, found it!