Topic: Fireface 400?

I've been running a single core 2.0Ghz firewire compatible MacBook Pro for four or so years with my FireFace 400.
Works like a charm, absolutely love my performance setup. Beautiful work, RME.

Now (Christmas presents!) I got a new computer! 2.5 Ghz quadcore, a new MacBook Pro that just has the USB 3.0 inputs and two ThunderBolts.
So I went out and decided to purchase what seemed to be the most reliable way to keep my FF400 connected to my system.

I'm now running my FF400 connected to the HDSPe ExpressCard/34 with the Sonnet Echo Pro ExpressCard/34 thunderbolt adapter with my new computer. I updated the firmware and the drivers for the FF400, HDSPe, and the Echo Pro, and I can't seem to get it to see the FF400!

Any help would be appreciated. Did I goof and go the wrong route here? I'm seeing that people are using their power cable and a TB->FW cable for data flow. That seemed unreliable to me, I can't afford for things to go haywire mid-set.

Thank you in advance,
-Austen

Re: Fireface 400?

The FF 400 runs on FireWire. The HDSPe ExpressCard obviously (!) does not provide FireWire, and works only with Multiface/Digiface/RPM.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by OS10 2014-12-27 11:03:57)

Okay, I see. What would you recommend me do instead?
I seem to have been led incredibly astray by the way this information is posted on this page here:
http://www.sonnettech.com/product/echoe … rbolt.html
edit: (Sorry I guess you have to click the "compatible products" tab)

As a representative of RME, what can you tell me is my best option for keeping my RME FireFace 400 integrated in my system?

Simple TB to FireWire adapter...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME