Topic: Babyface in cc mode: is it possible to get 192khz sampling rate?

Hi all,

I'd like to know if is possible to get the babyface (in cc mode) sampling at 192khz under linux.
At the moment I can get it fully working at 96khz sampling rate, but I got cracking sounds with 192khz rate.
So, before ask more, I want to be sure that babyface can run at 192khz in cc mode under linux systems.

Thanks and regars,
R.

Re: Babyface in cc mode: is it possible to get 192khz sampling rate?

You can try to increase buffersize in jack to see if the cracks disappear.

At the end, after all the possible tests that I could do (kernel, hardware, priority, buffer size, etc), the babyface under linux doesn't work at 192kHz sampling rate.

Hello,

the Babyface is working quite good with 192kHz sample rate and 2x128 frames/period in jack.

But you have to take care of USB:

Because of my *!#* GA-Z68MX-UD2H motherboard, I can only run 2in / 2out channels atm (but with lower latency than i.e. 48kHz, and not more xruns).
I can only use it on my USB 2.0 ports in Linux, with the EJ168 USB3.0 Ports, I can run it in win7 Virtualbox and Totalmix (in Normal Mode of course), which is funny, because most devices on USB 3.0 Ports don't work at all in Virtualbox atm.

As long as my DVB-S2 usb device is not connected, I can do 10in/12out in 192kHz.
This appears to be a bug/feature of the Intel automatic rate switching hub.
Although I have not done much testing with that (only Amplitube3 and reaper) it should be OK.

Maybe I can use the Motherboard USB-Connectors to work around the Problem in the long run.

Hope that helps someone.