Topic: Windows HDSP series driver 4.05

Hi
Windows HDSP series driver 4.05
HDSP 9632
Win 8 64bit
I tried to install the new driver and flash update today and unlike before I got an error at the last stage of installation
(The driver wasn’t successfully installed) so as it says I tried to re install the driver but I got the same red * and message at the end (The driver wasn’t successfully installed)
Fortunately I was able to downgrade the driver and flash update to the privies version and I am safe for now but, I am wondering what I have to do to be able to use the latest driver and flash update
Thank you

Re: Windows HDSP series driver 4.05

Missing rights, not in Admin mode, missing certificates, write protection, stupid virus scanners...can be many complicated things.

You can read the log file to know where exactly it stopped. It's called DPINST.log and found in the Windows directory.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK so this is what I got at DPINST

INFO:   ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
ERROR:  RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices. (Error code 0x5B3: This operation requires an interactive window station.)
ERROR:  Installation failed. (Error code 0x5B3: This operation requires an interactive window station.)
ERROR:  PnP Install failed. (Error code 0x5B3: This operation requires an interactive window station.)

Thank You

Google will tell you that your system is doomed: The error code 0x5B3 is Windows system error... may be caused by windows system files damage. There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors: an incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware...

Note that our installer uses the Windows internal installer (DPINST), so this error has nothing to do with our drivers or the installer package. It might be not easy to find someone who can fix this  - other than by newly installing Windows...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks a lot for your quick reply
really appreciate it
Best regards