1 (edited by alexdou111 2015-01-20 13:54:11)

Topic: recording problem

Hi I just bought the HDSPe AIO, I used to do music a lot but its been a few years, so I need to get back into the swing I guess.

anyway I have a 2008 Mac Pro and logicX - I installed the rme card and logic found it - so far so good.

externally I have a mic connected to a preamp that feeds through XLR into a Crane Song HEDD as AD converter

that connects  to the RME card by XLR as AES EBU digital

I monitor through the RME AES EBU output into a L2 hardware that then connects to a mackie mixer for monitoring

thats as far as the setup goes

my problem is anything I record is helplessly too late on the playback - I tried monitoring of the mic signal in different ways

using the DAW or the phone output of the breakout cable - in both cases while recording the playback sounded on point and

the vocals too but when i listen to the recording afterwards the vocals are much much too late in timing 

any quick fix hopefully?

thank you!

Re: recording problem

Hope I can get some help here, I don't know what else to try really... I have Yosemite on the Mac Btw. Pls rme help. Thx

hmm still no luck in getting it fixed - my card is 23670201 - can you see from its serial number how old it is ?

i flashed it from rev 11 to 13 just now ... i have to admit i would like to get a up to date card since i just bought it last week

so kind of unhappy with seemingly having gotten an "old" card...

The card is not that old, sometime last year, I assume. Mind that these cards are likely to sell less frequently than other devices, so it may just have been with the retailer for some time.
Despite this, it is in no way old or outdated. With the new firmware, it is every bit as good as a new card.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

ok I think I found the Bösewicht - it seems to be working now

the "nest" issue is that if I use logic's input monitoring function its very delayed onthe headphones

any idea what I can do to overcome this issue - so this input signal gets routed to headphones

without latency?

thanks again!

and a second question,

If I wanted to eliminate the cranesong HEDD as my recording A/D and the L2 HArdware as my monitoring D/A converters

to test the RME card's sound - can I use the following cable BO9632XLRMKH ?

I would connect the mic preamp symm XLR into the HDSPe AIO and connect the symm XLR output

to my analog mixer for monitoring

that shoudl work - shouldnt it ?

thank you!