Topic: TMFX 1.05 and AVID Artist problem

there is light on the horizon! With the new tmfx 1.05 and the latest 3.32 drivers from Avid the Artist is recognized. FADERS WORK! MUTES WORK!

However I can only get my most left artist unit to be recognized.
I've got avid unit 1 on midi 1 and unit 2 on midi 2. But tmfx only creates a block of 8 channels being brown, not 16.
And both units show the same channels rather than act like 1 block of 16 channels
What am I doing wrong?

www.analoguemastering.com

Re: TMFX 1.05 and AVID Artist problem

Anyone experiencing the same?

No one using the new totalmixfx with eucon 3.21 drivers?

>I 've got avid unit 1 on midi 1 and unit 2 on midi 2. But tmfx only creates a block of 8 channels being brown, not 16.

That is the current state, there is no 'extender' support. And only one remote (the first one with index 1) is shown with brown colour labels visually. Nevertheless the second remote will work. Both operate fully independent and can have individual submix selection, row and column.

If you check 'Submix follows...' for both controls then the current TM FX window is synchronized for both remotes and also between them.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thnx MC, trying to understand: so in my config i could use the remote on midi 1 to support the top row and controller 2 to support the bottom output row and depending which output channel i touch aon the 2nd remote, the first remote will show the appropiate inputs?

Exactly. Although when I tried I used it the other way round, but it works. Note that in Mackie protocol you have a special submix select command, touching the fader might not be enough (depends on Avids implementation).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hey Ralphie, MC,

I tried starting from scratch with RME 1.05 and Eucon 3.2.1 (erm, I think that 3.32 was a typo, yes?  I did spend some time searching frantically for this update to no avail sad )...

The Eucon controllers are recognizing when Totalmix is in focus, as always - however, I'm still not seeing any fader interaction.   Were there any other tricks to your setups?

Thanks!

Anyone?