Topic: TCO issues

Hi There,

I am running an oldish version of Reaper - 4.30, and am not getting any timecode out of my TCO card. I understand that I need to instal a new version of firmware to make this happen. I can't upgrade Reaper as I have 2 large jobs that must be completed before any upgrade can occur.. - would anyone know a valid firmware upgrade that wont affect Reaper..?

Also, will I need to upgrade the firmware of my HDSPe card as well, or doest it all happen on the one firmware upgrade..?

thanks in advance

James

Re: TCO issues

The TCO' LTC output works only with software that supports the playback of such via ASIO. I don't know whether Reaper can do this, but I doubt.

Most probably Reaper can output TC on a digital or analog channel instead.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by cadsky 2015-03-09 11:20:36)

thanks for that,

OOPS - just reread your response, and Reaper does use ASIO protocol for timecode..

I read on these pages of someone with the same issue - admittedly they were using a different program. It does seem strange though that Reaper wouldn't output code through the TC o/p..

If I listen to the code o/p I can hear a code like noise. It doesn't change though if it's stopped or playing.. just a continual annoying SMPTE like sound...

The person who I read about mentioned that when the driver was updated, the issue dissappeared..

seems weird like..

> Reaper does use ASIO protocol for timecode..

100% - on the input. But on the output? That is a not often to find feature.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME