Topic: HDSPe Madi / SPL Madison crack noise issue

Hello,

I have some strange cracking noise during playback  , like wordclock sync noise  with my RME Madi Card linked to my SPL Madison (optical)

Issue is the same if I play 1 or 16 tracks

The RME Card is the clock master , I've tryed to sync on madi & with a bnc cable -> same issue.

When I look to the Hammerfall Setting , clock is stable & link is ok , I tried 44,1K to  98K  -> same issue

I get those noise a lot with Reaper  but very few with Logic Pro.

I've tried different buffer size with no changing , CPU Load & Disk drive are below 4%

Here's my config :

Macbookpro(2011)  13.3 I5 sandy-bridge - 8Gb ram 1333 - 128 gb SSD Samsung
Sonnet EchoExpress II  thunderbolt to pcie Chassis
RME HDPSe Madi
SPL Madison 1260

Thanks a lot for you help,

Fab

Re: HDSPe Madi / SPL Madison crack noise issue

Use the MADI card's headphone output to make sure the problem does not originate within the computer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, I get the same noise with the  Jack Output my RME Card ( headphones plugged )

Correction ; if I use only the jack output on my RME card without connecting any device on the madi ports : no noise ; all clean

Fab

You can use the card outputs and playback without noise then. Your problem seems to be the input connection to the card which causes either Sync problems or comuter overloads on the PCIe bus (record data). Check again by connecting everything like before, verifying the error, then simply pull off the input of the card.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME