Topic: HDSPe Expresscard crashing laptop

Hello.  I'm trying to install an HDSPe Expresscard (with Multiface II) on a newly refreshed laptop (Dell Precision M4800, Windows 8.1), and it keeps crashing the system with DPC Watchdog Violation errors.  I'm attempting to use the FUT to update the card without the Multiface attached, and it recognizes the card (currently at v.13) but any attempt to update it either shows Update Status Failed, or crashes the machine.  Attaching the Multiface causes a crash as well.  I'm using current drivers and BIOS.  Let me know if there's any fix for this, thanks.

Re: HDSPe Expresscard crashing laptop

Most likely a BIOS/mainboard problem. You can try to make sure that you are using the "High Performance" Windows power profile (default is "Balanced").

So, the fix I ended up finding for this was to update the card's firmware with another laptop (Lenovo T410, my work machine).  Once the card was up to date it worked like a charm with the Dell.

Ah sorry, I didn't notice that the card worked on an older firmware. Good to know that this solution worked for you.