1 (edited by ambroseent 2015-04-08 17:11:02)

Topic: Using 2 Multiface ii HDSPe in Logic Pro X Mac OSX Yosemite

Hi, it's been a while since I've changed my set up but I finally got a second multiface ii with HDSPe card to expand my in's and out's. Both are identical. I've read several different things about setting these up together and was hoping to get some clarification. Do I need to set them up as an aggregate device or not? In Logic they are showing up as 2 separate devices which makes me believe I do, however I have read that RME drivers do this automatically for up to 3 cards. If this is true then how do I get them to show up as one device in Logic without creating an aggregate device? Do I need to use the 3-pin cable it came with to connect the 2 cards together? Thanks.

Also I need to add when I do set up an aggregate device with this set up I get a distorted sound, like a bit crusher plug-in effect, when I play a live instrument. Any ideas what might be causing this and how to resolve it? Thanks again!

Mid 2010 Mac Pro, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core, OSX 10.10.2, Logic Pro X, 2 Multiface ii HDSPe, Rev. 20, 4.03

Re: Using 2 Multiface ii HDSPe in Logic Pro X Mac OSX Yosemite

On Windows, the ASIO driver automatically groups the 2 devices together. On Mac, you need to create the Aggregate Device.

Sounds like you did not sync the units together. You will need to set one Multiface to use internal clock, then connect the Word Clock or another digital output from this master unit to an input on the second unit. Then the second unit should be set to Autosync. This should get rid of the distorted sound.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Using 2 Multiface ii HDSPe in Logic Pro X Mac OSX Yosemite

Thank you for clarifying that. You are right I did not have them synced up correctly. Will give it a shot and see. Thank you.

Mid 2010 Mac Pro, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core, OSX 10.10.2, Logic Pro X, 2 Multiface ii HDSPe, Rev. 20, 4.03