Topic: Using 2 Multiface ii's; Cannot separate the MIDI in's & out's

Hi, after setting up 2 Multifaces as an Aggregate Device for Logic Pro X I can't seem to separate the Midi ins and outs on the 2 Multifaces. If I change the Midi out on one track in Logic to lets say the HDSPe card slot 3, this changes the other Midi track to the same card as well. I need one Midi track in Logic to use the PCI card in slot 4 (Multiface #1) and the other to use the PCI card in slot 3 (Multiface #2). First is this possible or just a side effect to using the Aggregate Device in OSX? It's possible it could be something in Logic's environment or even the Audio Midi set up in OSX which I'm looking into now. Just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting my time if it's not even possible and to see if anyone has come across this before and has the solution for me. Thanks!

My system: Mid 2010 Mac Pro, 6 GB RAM, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel, OSX 10.10.2, Logic Pro X, 2 RME Multiface ii HDSPe PCI, Driver version 4.03, Card Rev. 20.

Mid 2010 Mac Pro, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core, OSX 10.10.2, Logic Pro X, 2 Multiface ii HDSPe, Rev. 20, 4.03

Re: Using 2 Multiface ii's; Cannot separate the MIDI in's & out's

I would tend to assume it's the Aggregate device doing so. Have you tried rescanning MIDI devices?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Using 2 Multiface ii's; Cannot separate the MIDI in's & out's

RME Support wrote:

I would tend to assume it's the Aggregate device doing so. Have you tried rescanning MIDI devices?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, in OSX audio midi set up both card slots show up and I can switch from one to the other in Logic. I just cannot use both at the same time. It's either slot 3 or slot 4, changing to one card on one midi track changes them all.

Mid 2010 Mac Pro, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core, OSX 10.10.2, Logic Pro X, 2 Multiface ii HDSPe, Rev. 20, 4.03