Topic: AVB audio

Hi all

I am one who basically want as much on the network as possible, including my audio.

and for  a recent project I am using AVB audio video bridging system where the use of special switches ensure low latency and syncronized audio.

would RME consider building products for AVB so I can use RME products in my installation workflow (and perhaps even in the future make USB/Firewire/thuderbolt audio interfaces obsolete)

all the best

Sune

Re: AVB audio

I'm wondering the same thing.

Being primarily a windows person, I just found out that all newer macs, either with built in ethernet or through thunderbolt dongle do support AVB in OSX 10.9 with just a command line command.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4110444

Given that it might become almost a standard in computers it would be a good argument for jumping on the AVB wagon.

MOTU is apparently taking a strong lead on this, and possibly eating some of RME's lunch in the process.  I would also like to see RME get involved with AVB and blow them all away smile

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Randyman... wrote:

MOTU is apparently taking a strong lead on this, and possibly eating some of RME's lunch in the process.  I would also like to see RME get involved with AVB and blow them all away smile

cool

I agree!

I tested their 828X Thunderbolt interface with my new Gigabyte Mobo (two TB2 ports), and the low latency performance was not good. I returned it in a few days. I really want RME's rendition of TB interface, which will definitely blow them away!

I'm not all that interested in TB (RME might hop on that bandwagon one day, but the E-PCIe on the MADIface-XT is certainly performing just as well if not better than TB).

Implementing AVB on RME hardware is more what I was referring to smile  Using AVB to link DAW systems and crap just seems too cool (I'm currently linking 2 DAW's via MADI and a 3rd over 16 channels of ADAT).

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

I'm still on FF800 and won't upgrade until RME kills the competition with a new AVB interface :-)

Good luck RME I know u can do it!

/J