Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: BF Pro

That's fantastic!!! Nice work

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

3 (edited by tklicki 2015-04-16 10:13:26)

Is it possible to use all 4 inputs simultaneously? Is any input compatibile with Hi-Z guitars?

The TRS connectors on the side are compatible with Hi-Z

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

So that's 4 physical analogue inputs and 4 analogue outputs?

What does the breakout cable look like, because I understand it still has midi i/o?

The best news is the improved headphone amplifier!

Really would have wanted second stereo analogue out on TRS for monitor B or re-amping instead of input 4 sad

Well, I cannot believe that the new Babyface Pro doesn't allow DYNAMICS (compressor, limiter, expander) within TotalMixFX.

As a PRO device, the new Babyface Pro should feature a more powerful FPGA than the normal (5 years old) Babyface. Sorry!

Everything else looks very promising!

Chardonnay wrote:

Well, I cannot believe that the new Babyface Pro doesn't allow DYNAMICS (compressor, limiter, expander) within TotalMixFX.

As a PRO device, the new Babyface Pro should feature a more powerful FPGA than the normal (5 years old) Babyface. Sorry!

Everything else looks very promising!

The design and everything looks super cool!
70 db gain on the preamps, no longer a need for a breakout cable to connect mic's ++ makes it extremely tempting for me to upgrade from my old one.

But I must say that I agree with you on the missing dynamics. I would have paid extra $ to get just that!

I just wonder why the input gain is not more precise - 1dB steps instead of 3dB steps like in old babyface.... And of course the dynamics, on the Musikmesse 2015 video regarding BF PRO - RME representataive was saying that the DSP circuit is to expensive to put it into the babyface....

gregor wrote:

RME representataive was saying that the DSP circuit is to expensive to put it into the babyface....

I don't care... I happily pay more cash for the more powerful FPGA (up to 100 €).