1 (edited by filter_7 2015-04-15 15:09:18)

Topic: ADAT led blinking and noise in every channel

My Multiface 2 is connected to a Behringer ADA8000 with 2 optical cables (with 1 it was not working, correct me if I'm wrong); the clock is set as internal in the DSP settings.

When I turn on both units and go into Ableton Live,  there is a big digital noise coming from the ADAT channels, and the ADAT led on the Multiface blinks in a non-regular way, as if it would find a communication but with some problems.

After some seconds/minutes the signal returns quiet, the ADAT led returns stable, and it's possible to record.

My question is if it's possible to understand where is the problem: maybe the optical cables? Or the entire Behringer unit ( the Multiface is new so I hope the problem is not here).

Thanks for your help.

Re: ADAT led blinking and noise in every channel

Make sure only one device is running on internal clock. Either set the MF to sync to ADAT or configure the converter accordingly.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I set only the Behringer as master and the Multiface 2 as ADAT IN for the clock source. The ADAT led started to blink at regular intervals so I set the clock source as ADAT sync and the led returned fixed.
Yesterday that same process happened in the opposte way, so now I have the clock mode as ADAT IN and the noise disappeared.

What is the most stable connection via ADAT when the MF2 is set as slave?

The SPDIF led blinks at regular intervals so it tells me that it's not in sync.

Is it possible to have SPDIF in sync when clock mode is set to ADAT IN ?

Only if your SPDIF device will sync to an incoming source (SPDIF or Word Clock). Otherwise, your entire setup will need to sync to the SPDIF source (including the ADAT device, which will then need to sync to ADAT or Word Clock again).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME