Topic: Help understanding routing Fireface 800 and Totalmix

Hey All,

I've got a Fireface 800 as my main audio interface with Pro Tools 11 and digitally outputting via SPDIF to my Personus Central Station . I also am using Reason 4 and was wondering if it were possible to use Total mix to route the outputs from Reason and input to PT via the virtual mixer in Total Mix. I'm still trying to figure out Total Mix and from my understanding almost limitless I/O routing can happen. This would totally be on a software level obviously, but if I need to come out of the 800 and back in,  I can do that (everything is in a patchbay), I'd just rather keep it digital.

Thanks

RME UFX - Windows 10 - Pro Tools

Re: Help understanding routing Fireface 800 and Totalmix

I could be wrong on this but to me your output from Reason would be in shown in the middle "Software Playback" channels. You could then route that to any of the "Hardware Outputs". From there I would use a patch cable to go from that output to the desired input feeding PT. It may be you could use loopback in some way to do this totally in TotalMix. Also, have you tried YouTube for some tutorials on TotalMix? I found them very helpful.

LB

Re: Help understanding routing Fireface 800 and Totalmix

http://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=17789

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME