1 (edited by i_glez_glez 2015-02-05 13:03:11)

Topic: Multiface II not working, two midi lights on and red light on

Hi team,

My Multiface II stopped working today.

The host red light stays on always and once I log in, the two midi lights go on.

I'm using a HDSPe PCIe card, but I have tried the PCI expresscard too on another computer and I get the same behavior.

Both the HDSPe PCIe and the express card have the revision 20 firmware and I'm using Drivers version 4.05

My two systems are running Windows 8.1 64bits.

I'll appreciate any help.

Bests,
Nacho

Re: Multiface II not working, two midi lights on and red light on

So you have a Multiface II, not MADIface.

Please try a different external power supply. Otherwise I fear the MF II is damaged and needs repair.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

So you have a Multiface II, not MADIface.

Please try a different external power supply. Otherwise I fear the MF II is damaged and needs repair.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

You are absolutely right, it's a Multiface II, not a MADI face. Will contact Synthax. Thanks for the fast response. Any estimate of repair costs?
Thank you very much again.
Nacho

No, but you will get a quote before the repair is carried out.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you very much

7 (edited by i_glez_glez 2015-04-19 01:08:56)

Dear all,

the Multiface II was sent to repair, and after a 380$ bill, I'm still having horrible problems.

The Multiface II actually works well in my laptop with an HDSPe express card interface with a cable other than the original (it does not work with the original cable now, total mix signal meters go to the maximum level with the original cable. Don't know if it is relevant but this wasn't the case before)

BUT, it does not work with desktop my HDSPe PCIe card. What happen is that audio outputs are flickering in the system. They are connected and then disconnected. The status on the Hamerfall DSP settings switches from connected to disconnected like crazy. On top of that, the fan in the system goes to maximum speed as soon as I connect the cable to the Multiface II.

I have tried both having the Multface II with and external power supply and without one, behavior does not change.

I sent the HDSPe PCIe card to Synthax and they returned it saying that it worked flawlessly.

All power settings are set up to high performance. I changed my 400W power supply for a 600W one just to check if the error was caused but lack of power in the system and nothing.

Its been two months and half since the initial problem. I'm a music composer and exasperated.

Can you please provide any help. Synthax says that the problem is on my side and has stopped responding, but my computer work flawlessly until the Multiface II failed and had to be sent out for repair, so I really think that the Multiface II still has a problem.

I'll appreciate any light on this.

Thanks!

My system is the following:

.         Operation system (version/service pack) : Windows 8.1
.         Mainboard : MSI CSM-H87M-G43 LGA 1150 Intel H87
.         RAM amount: 16 GB
.         Network adapters: TP-LINK TL-WN823N
.         Graphic card: MSI AMD Radeon HD 6450 2GB DDR3
.         Other installed soundcards: Sound Card from mother board disabled
on Bios

Hi team, any suggestions?

There still seems to be something broken. Maybe it is best to send in the whole thing - HDSPe PCI, cable, MF and external power supply, so it can be checked as a whole.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias. Will reach out to Synthax again. I'll keep you posted
Have a good weekend.

The problem was solved. The Multiface II was still faulty. Synthax switched the unit and now it works. Thanks for your help.