Topic: RME HDSPe AIO. noise on digital inputs

Hi has anyone had a problem with the digital inputs from the hdspe,  AIO,  im running windows 7 64bit and pro tools 10hd, been using the Analogue left and right to record in pro tools audio tracks, now i want to use one analogue in and also use the digital in at the same time to do live recordings.

Problem i have is the digital signal has high pitch tone when ever i sing into the mic and it is recorded, its not the mic pre digital out because i have tested it on its own and its fine. Hope some one can help me out.

Re: RME HDSPe AIO. noise on digital inputs

This would appear to be a feedback loop... Please check your monitoring setup and record without any monitoring for a test (speakers/amp off).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: RME HDSPe AIO. noise on digital inputs

Thanks i have some info here may help new users.

HOW TO RECORD USING  ONE ANALOGUE CHANNEL AND ONE DIGITAL CHANNEL IN PRO TOOLS

1 Select io setting from the menu in protools
2 click on inputs
3 click on the box and highlight the right input in box this is marked R, just drag that box to one of the digital inputs and press ok.
4 go back to the channel you would like to record in in pro tools and select the right channel. OFF YOU GO.

Its very simple.

How to resolves Problem with high pitch noise on the digital channel your using in protools

1 open total mix, right at the top above the menu you will see what the sample rate  is set to, mine was 48.k
2 Go to your digital mic pre and set it to the same. ALL  DONE.

This all worked for me so its tried and tested.
Good Luck
dB