1 (edited by william98 2015-05-10 14:50:30)

Topic: rme hdsp AIO noise, analog input with nothing attached?

I get low-level noise in the output from hdsp AIO, and in TotalMixFx, nothing attached as input, I see a fluctuating value in the input section for Analog 1/2 .. numbers around -96 in L and R channels.    The noise is loud enough to be very irritating on headphones when no sound is coming through, but quiet enough to be covered by normal sound level through headphones or speakers. 

When I open a folder on the monitor, or move it around by mouse drag,  the noise changes.   No applications running.

Windows 7 64bit.
RME TotalMix FX 1.08
Driver 02/04/2015 version 4.06 (just updated ... had same problem with previous driver, I believe 4.04)

Same kind of noise goes to phones as to the Analog output.   

Right next to the audio card is a powerful video card, maybe has some contribution?   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

Re: rme hdsp AIO noise, analog input with nothing attached?

Just tried what seemed obvious, to move the audio card.  However:

a) the audio card not recognized in device manager (my MB has limited PCI slots, could be this)

and

b) the noise was the same even without the RME drivers loaded???

More info ... found a third slot, PCIe x2, and re-installed successfully.   Still hear the noise, but I think it's less.   still can hear a change in the noise as a window is moved on one of my three monitors, even moving onto where windows thinks the monitor is even when it is physically disconnected.    No settings of level in RME mixer changes this noise.

You can try what others already did - isolate the card's bracket from the computer housing, for example by tape.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

You can also try change the order of cards by puting the Nvidia card in another PCIe slot (below the AIO instead of above).