Topic: effects don't work - MadiFX

Hi guys,

Maybe I'm blind or something but I can't get my effects to work in totalmix for the madifx I have.

So here's the situation:
The total mix mixer says it's a midiFX, so I guess that's correct then.

When I engage any effect,EQ,dynamics on a channel nothing happens though. So I make the button yellow, boost the EQ to max and I hear nothing.
I compress to max and the volume does not change. (button turned yellow)

What am I doing wrong?

Re: effects don't work - MadiFX

anyone from RME?
My mail never got an answer either..

Could it be that I need to change something in the registry, because I had a HDSP adat card in this computer before this. Maybe there's something from the old drivers disabling the effects?

Which driver have you installed? HDSP drivers are different and don't interfere here.
Can you testthe card in another PCIe slot or computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I just placed it in another slot.. that did not help.

This is driver 2.0.3.
But it also did not work with 0.2.

The weird thing is that when I engage it on the totalfx mixer (making the buttons yellow) nothing happens. As if the DSP is bypassed.

When I click device info it says:
HDSPe MADI FX (1)
SW Version: 0
Active Nodes: 394 of 4096
Error Number: 0
Diagnostic Results: 0,0

Is that correct?

Towards which output are u mixing? You need to make sure you have your cursor on the right output

www.analoguemastering.com

8 (edited by jdieks 2015-05-11 17:28:46)

Hi Raphie smile

for example, as a test.. I have my default windows output set to phones. I press play on spotify, this goes to the phones.

But in total fx I have the phones software output at 0db going to output 1/2. (my speakers are on 1/2.)
On 1/2 you have the EQ and D button, I can click those to make the settings fold out. But it does not matter what I change there, nothing changes to the sound. Not even if I compress to the max or EQ to the max.

Also, in the phones channel I see the FX send. When I turn that higher, I see something coming in on the reverb and echo, but if I turn them on there's no output. (so the input VU is moving, but the output VU always keeps giving nothing)

The other day I was trying to put some reverb on an input (vocal recording) but the same happened as above when I send an input to the reverb. Also when trying to compress the input nothing happens either.