101 (edited by undertone 2014-10-28 21:41:07)

Re: New HDSP(e) series Windows driver generation 4.x

MC wrote:

Question: is your ExpressCard updated to firmware 20?

Firmware 20 yes, but updated no. The card info from HDSP Settings\About ("X"s for security(?) ):

Multiface (2345XXXX). Serial #2345XXXX. Revision=20

However, I didn't update to the revised version 20 that was posted when the TMFX drivers was released because only the tool was updated and not the firmware which was already on 20. I had asked about this here.

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, I may have upgraded the ExpressCard to the version 20 firmware on a PC. Is there any difference between the version 20 firmware on the PC vs the Mac version?

Nope, 20 is 20.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

104 (edited by Will Zégal 2014-11-01 18:57:22)

I have some problems since I installed 4.04 driver(yes, my PCI card is up to date) :

difficulty to work at low latency. Under 256 samples, I have an awful sound with short cuts, almost like the CPU is overloaded, but even if the CPU remains very low (for instance, just ready a few audio tracks in Sonar.

TotalMix FX starts everyday fresh like it has just been installed, without keeping previous settings.

Windows 8.1
PCI card up to date (revision 55)
Multiface
4.0.4 Drivers

Thanks

I also have a wish for a future version : the ability to rename control rool ports. For instance, instead of "Phones 1", "Phone 2"... I'll be happy to name them by the room they are sent to or by musician name. And name speaker outputs with my speakers brands.

Now, we can give names to any port... as long as we don't use it in the control room. Such a shame ;-)

With regards to:

undertone wrote:

However, since I stopped "Disconnecting" and reconnecting as described above, when I wake up the MBP, the HDSP Settings display a blank for the external device ("Properties For") and the MF2's WC and ADAT LEDs blink on and off (both are connected). I have to close the HDSPe Settings  ("Quit") and restart it for things to become normal (recognized, synced, and working MF2).

Two things I've noticed since that post on waking up the MBP:

1. Without touching any thing sound still seems to work (MBP ADAT -> PC ADAT), even though WC and ADAT LEDs are flashing.

2. Just clicking on the HDSPe Settings icon in the dock resets things, LEDs stop flashing and info is correct for the device.

FYI...

with the new total mix, is anybody having problems fitting the window completely in your monitor? the window cannot be sized by the looks of it. 100% is too small, and the rest are too big and borders arent viewable. any advice?

cheers

It's called 2Row mode.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Will Zégal wrote:

TotalMix FX starts everyday fresh like it has just been installed, without keeping previous settings.

Thanks

This seems to be fixed. Don't know how, but it is.

In the last days TotalMix Fx freeze randomly and I have to restart the PC, the screen show the meters and the faders always in the same position and incontrollable with mouse or with BCF2000.

The version 4 driver for MADI FX and MADIface XT in PCIe mode has not yet been released, right?

That is version 2.01. All new features in there. TM FX is version 1.03 and can be updated with 1.05 from the TM FX forum.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I see. Thank you for clearing that up.

juanlibertella wrote:

In the last days TotalMix Fx freeze randomly and I have to restart the PC, the screen show the meters and the faders always in the same position and incontrollable with mouse or with BCF2000.

The problem was the Behringer BCF2000 when disconnecting regain control of TotalMix FX

Hi,

I have a Multiface II and I am using the latest versions of TotalMix FX and Windows drivers ; also, the firmware of my HDSPe card is up to date.

I encounter the following problem: there is no loopback functionality for ADAT outputs 7/8 (loopback is available for ADAT outputs 1 to 6).

Is this a bug or an hardware limitation? I don't remember if the loopback was available for these outputs on old versions of TotalMix.

Best Regards.

Please install TMFX 1.05: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21006

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I do get occasional (happened two times) BSOD with the new software (nothing else on the system changed) this is causing TM FX to forget all settings including layouts and channel names. Any ideas why and how to restore the settings easily?

MSI X58 Pro i7@930, 12GB
W10 Pro x64, Reaper, Wavelab
5x MF II, 5x MF
E-mus and many other animals

RME Support wrote:

Please install TMFX 1.05: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21006

I confirm (about loopback feature on ADAT 7/8): I tried this week-end and it works! Thanks a lot.

I'm just updating this thread with what has become routine using v4 with an HDSPe ExpressCard and a Multiface 1 on a MBP: as I've gone back to using the "Disconnect" I/O Box function in the settings before putting the MBP to sleep because otherwise there still is an audio transient created on wakeup (seems lower in level than with the older drivers). But on wakeup, the Settings have to be closed and relaunched for then to see the HDSPe device. After that I can uncheck "Disconnect" and all is well.

However, if I wake up the MBP and don't touch the Settings at all (no card recognized/indeterminate state), inevitably after a time TMFX will start using massive amounts of CPU for no clear reason. At that point I just Quit both apps and relaunch Settings and then TMFX and everything is normal again. FYI.

Did you check that the TM FX icon is not just hidden behind the small triangle? And the second question I simply don't understand.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Concerning the last questions, I may help, as I think I see the same with my system (HDSP Digiface PCI):

I boot the PC, then open TotalMixFx. I see the SPDIF out meter showing a level, even though nothing gets out SPDIF. The Meter then goes down to zero.

So, the initial metering value doesn't seem to come from hardware. Subsequent metering levels do come from hardware, so the meter goes down to zero...

The Settings dialog does not have a Taskbar icon.

The level meter communication is started and causes this on all RME devices, so fully normal too.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Question Windows 10 is around the conrner is it going to be firmware update like XP to 7 or just normal support for Windows 10 will be added ?

Windows 10 neither requires new firmware nor specific "driver support".

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

They already do.