Topic: Loopback on RayDAT not working anymore?

It seems since I'm using TotalMixFX with my RayDAT (FW 13, Driver v4.06), loopback functionality isn't working anymore. On my Multiface-I (FW 17, Driver v4.06) I'm getting activity on the corresponding Input in the moment I'm turning on loopback on the Output. But on the RayDAT there's no signal on the Input when loopback is turned on. On both PCs I'm using WinXP SP3. What am I missing? Can someone confirm this?

Kind Regards

Re: Loopback on RayDAT not working anymore?

Showing the loopback signal on the TM FX input is nonsense, as this signal can not be routed via TM FX. That's why only the MF has this 'feature'.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ahh, thank you MC for your quick reply. Everything is working as expected. I gave up testing to early. I'm seeing levels in my DAW or DigiCheck when loopback is turned on. Although meters on the inputs for loopback make no sense it was useful in the past.
But why does the Multiface have this feature? Not that it's important for me, but I don't get it...

It's a limitation of the hardware design. Loopback happens in the box, but the PCI/PCIe card renders the level meters - which then causes this effect.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME