Topic: Solo on hardware output

Is there a way to switch CUE with SOLO for the hardware outputs.

If not, is it something you could consider for the next version?

Re: Solo on hardware output

Makes no sense to me. Application example?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I've made some recent changes to my work flow - lots more external summing, and I introduced a MIDI DAW controller. Being able to SOLO the hardware outputs(like you can with the inputs) would give me another layer of control which I would use a lot. I'm using a vintage mixer for summing which doesn't have SOLO function.

My current work around is creating buss channels in my DAW software and routing those through the hardware outputs then I can SOLO them in the DAW via MIDI rather than in Totalmix. I would rather MIDI control TotalMix than the DAW - its a cleaner solution for me.

Not really a necessity, just more of a if it can be done then it is a preference.

You did not explain why Solo will work for you and the current Cue (which works exactly like Solo) doesn't.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I can't CUE more than 1 channel at a time and my MIDI DAW controller(BCF2000) has no way of turning CUE on and off. I can turn SOLO on and off from the input channels press SHIFT + mute, but it doesnt do the same for CUE on the output channels.

Then doing this via Mute group seems to be the way to go.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME