Topic: FF 800 won't save buffer, input, level settings

Hi all, hope you're well.

I have a problem with my FF800. It doesn't want to save any settings in the 'Settings' aplet. I can change them manually for a session but they just revert back as soon as i power off and power back on again. Does the device have a CMOS style battery for settings back up?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Barnsey

Re: FF 800 won't save buffer, input, level settings

It does have an option to not save those settings. Check and if correct toggle it to 'reset' it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias, thanks for the reply.

Where would i find that option? I have three tabs, Fireface, Analog & About. which tab is it on?

Thanks

Barnsey

About.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ahh, gotcha. It's the MMCSS checkbox. smile

Btw. Mine is an early FF800 that i bought from new. It has had weeping jack sockets pretty much from day one and i have tried cleaning them up but to no avail, it's now destroying all of the jacks on my cables. As i understand it this was a common fault with early models. Is there anyway i can get these repaired? and how much would this cost?? I dearly love my FF but it's slowly rotting away.

Cheers

Nick

This will be fixed on a warranty basis, please send the unit in.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Superb news!

I live in the UK, Where should i send it? Do i need to open a service case?

Many thanks

Nick

Please contact

Synthax Audio (UK) Ltd.
Salisbury Hall
London Colney
St. Albans
AL2 1BU
Phone: +44 (0) 1727 821 870
Fax: +44 (0) 1727 823 554
E-Mail: info@synthax.co.uk
Web: www.synthax.co.uk
Support:   www.synthax.co.uk/support
Service:   www.synthax.co.uk/support

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I'll give them a call.

Thanks

Nick

P.s Once again, this is why RME are market leaders. The best products & customer service bar none!!

Hi Daniel,

I hope you're well and this message gets to you.

Re: the weeping jack sockets on my FF800. Sadly i never did get around to sending it over to get them replaced. So, I just called Synthax regarding the repair, they mentioned that it was no longer done under warranty, i said that i had only spoken to you guys about it the other day....Turns out that was over nine years ago! Jeez where does the time go!! Anyways, how much would this cost to have them all replaced as i would really like to start using the FF800 again?

Many thanks

Nick

A 9 year old FF800 usually also needs a new power supply plus some PCB optimizations that are all done as one process when sending the unit to the factory. It will be a bit more expensive, but makes sure the unit doesn't fail again 2 weeks later. And that would not be (repair) warranty then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Any idea what sort of cost?

Thanks

Nick

Please contact the local distributor, who may be able to give you an idea. But most likely you'll have to wait for a quote after the unit is examined at the factory.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME