1 (edited by Toliandar 2015-07-18 11:37:34)

Topic: [Solved] (No) Windows 10 issue

Hey there so I just updated to the latest driver and have a problem as Windows 10 as the only RME 9632 device being found under playback and recording devices is ADAT 7 & 8 (yes I have disabled and disconnected devices showing). Curious if there is anyone that has played around with Windows 10 and has found a way to resolve this other than rolling back to the previous driver?

Thought I should also add that analog 1/2 is responding under the RME mixer but that means nothing if Windows 10 isn't showing it as an available recording device.

Re: [Solved] (No) Windows 10 issue

You understand the function 'WDM devices' found in the Settings dialog of the 9632?

> (yes I have disabled and disconnected devices showing).

I have no clue what that means. You did what where?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

What I meant by disabled/disconnected devices showing was under Windows playback and recording devices.

Regardless of which you helped me fix the issue as under WDM only ADAT 7/8 was checked so I've changed that and it all works nice and happily now so thanks smile.

Hello,

Updated my audio card PCI Hammerfall with the latest drivers. But in Windows 10 (Manage audio devices) only ADAT (1+2) output appears.
I search everywhere...but there is no info or solution for this it seems. They normal audio inputs and outputs disappeared after I updated.

Any suggestion how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Read post 2 again and tells us what you did.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Read post 2 again and tells us what you did.

Hi,

I have an older Hammerfall with PCI and it always worked. Because of the mixer, I always kept using it. Because with tutorials I can mix internal and record into MME (Camtasia) with still running Cubase and ASIO.

Now recent, I had full reset of the computer, the moment I did start a music program. My conclusion was that this was the audio card, maybe because of chances within Windows 10.
So I did run the the update for this card and also after this I did the hardware update. So all should be most recent.

Post 2 I don't understand.  In the setting dialog "WMD devices' of the HDSP Multiface it doesn't appear.

Well, maybe the card is too old and time to get hold of a new RME big_smile
Sounds great and solid as a rock.

Best,
Rob

Problem solved.
I found it.
I was looking in the TotalMix preferences. But there is another small control panel called 'Hammerfall DSP settings' in the desktop bar.
Dohh.....I did forget about that one!!!

All working, awesome support by RME, even with older stuff. Respect.
I dive now into this new mixer... how that works. Looks great!

Thanks,
Rob

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/wi … er_4_e.pdf

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME