Topic: Bluescreen Digiface.... Help !

Hi having a big problem trying to install the PCI card and breakout box (digiface ) , sometimes the card(PCI) is recognized and there is no problem though when i shut down add the breakout box Digiface via the firewire connection instantly causes a crash at start up, with BSOD.

Mostly get an error message .... and the total mix effects unit can not be accessed from the tool bar . Tried the updates 4.0.6 and 4.0.9
Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device.  To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)

Tried flashing the cards bios ... this is just for update all seems fine ....

What is noticeable is that if i try and uninstall the driver or disable the driver in device manager

there is an instant bluescreen!!?

I have the microsoft driver
disabled to avoid a conflict 6.1.7600.16385

My system is ASUS RAMPAGE iii GENE

Windows 7 Ultimate tried the 64 and 32 bit installs same story. On 32 bit atm .
Nvidia Geforce 8800 gtx ... graphics card
I7 950 quadcore

trying to run the OS off a Solid state drive

Please help will install xp just to use card .....

Can you give me step by step instructions under Windows 7 , I found xp install info .

Re: Bluescreen Digiface.... Help !

I started getting a BSOD with my Digiface + HDSP PCI card a few weeks ago on a session. The solution was to simply remove the PCI card and reinstall it (I put it in a different slot).

So my suggestion is the same: be sure the card is seated properly in the PCI slot. Maybe remove and reinstall it, just to be sure. You also may want to try a different PCI slot in your computer, if you have more than one free one available.

Re: Bluescreen Digiface.... Help !

I don't see what this has to do with Windows 7. You use a very old card on a very new computer. I expect it to be of an older revision that needs a modification to work properly:

http://www.rme-audio.de/en/support/faq/hdsp_pci.php

Or the power supply on the HDSP PCI is broken. Try to use the Digiface with an external power supply.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME