Topic: TotalMix - RayDat ins/outs

Hi.  I searched all over for a topic solution for my problem and I can't seem to find anything close to it.  It appears I must be just too new to the RME products since I just purchased the RME PCIe RayDat new from a top vendor in the US, but it appears to be years outdated from other RME products... very disappointed and wish I would have researched more before purchasing... although I am not disappointed with the quality of the RayDat.

Anyway, my issue is with the extra card that comes with the RayDat that has an extra ADAT, AES and it appears to be analog RCA outputs that are red/white for right/left.  I want to send my mix out thru the RCA but I can't seem to understand how to do that and assign the output to the analog RCA in the TotalMix.

One my main RayDat card I have 16 channels (two 8 channel) ADAT going to and from the Behringer ADA8200.  So all of the 16 channels of ADAT are showing up in the TotalMix.  Additionally the AES is showing up on the output.  But there is nothing for the analog RCA.

Can someone explain to me how I can assign my mix to the analog RCA outputs please?  Remember I am new to the RME products...   Thanks.

Re: TotalMix - RayDat ins/outs

The Raydat is in no way "outdated".

However, there are no analog outputs on this card. The RCA connectors are SPDIF I/O, i.e. digtal.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

The Raydat is in no way "outdated".

However, there are no analog outputs on this card. The RCA connectors are SPDIF I/O, i.e. digtal.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel.  I mention the RayDat card being outdated is because I see so little support for it since it is unique to ADAT.  But it does work well in my workflow.  Anyway, I am confused on the SPDIF I/O.  I reviewed the RayDat manual and it doesn't cover that very well.  It mention it has SPDIF and AES, but doesn't go into any details other than that.  I hooked the breakout cable into the RayDat card and as I stated on my first post, there is a RCA red and white.  If they are SPDIF, then which is the IN and which is the OUT?  I do happen to have a DAT recorder I can try to hook up and check, but I need to know which is which.  All the SPDIF cables I own have always been single line, usually blue.

Also, in the TotalMix, do I use the output labeled AES for both the SPDIF and the AES?  Because my TotalMix only has AES.  There are no output levels for SPDIF.  Thanks for your help.

Red is out.
AS is ADAT and SPDIF.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK, now that I know the red RCA SPDIF is the OUT and the white is IN, (I am wondering how hard it would have been to place that info in the freakin manual)...  now how on earth do I control those outputs in the TotalMix?  There are no levels for SPDIF... only ADAT and AES.  Is there a way to change one of them?  Btw, I am on a Mac Pro OSX.  Thanks.