Topic: AES32 and MADI PCI, internal clock source?

Hello,

Can we set both the AES32 (card 1) and the MADI (card2) to internal clock source? Would this be proper? Will this work?

After years (RME is the best) of running my rig from External word clock with Big Ben feeding both cards, I want to turn it around so the software controls the sample rate instead of Big Ben.  Using word clock out of AES32 as the master to feed the Big Ben which of course clocks all other devices. Big Ben will change its clock speed to match the incoming clock. These days we switch between 44.1k and 88.2k several times a day so it is a drag having to manually reset both MADI and AES32 each time the house clock changes.

Win7x64, Nuendo, Samplitude, AES32 PCIe, MADI PCI, ADI 648, Power Core, Intensity Pro.
Apogee Big Ben, DM2000, Apogee 16XAD, RME ADI 8s

Thank you, and thank you RME.
Fox

Win7x64.Nuendo.Samplitude.AES32 PCIe.MADI PCI.ADI 648.Apogee Big Ben.DM2000.Apogee 16XAD.RME ADI 8s

Re: AES32 and MADI PCI, internal clock source?

No, You can use the AES32 as master as you do, but then the Madi should be slaved. That is if I understand the question and setup correctly....

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Re: AES32 and MADI PCI, internal clock source?

As I suspected. Thanks Vincent.

So I will test it with MADI source clock set to word clock but if I still have to manually reset the MADI sample rate when switching to 88.2k from 44.1k it will defeat the reason to make the source changes all together. I'll check it out.

Win7x64.Nuendo.Samplitude.AES32 PCIe.MADI PCI.ADI 648.Apogee Big Ben.DM2000.Apogee 16XAD.RME ADI 8s