Topic: Multiface II (on hdspe expresscard) detected as Digiface on Windows 10

My Multiface II started showing up as Digiface a few reboots after upgrading to Windows 10. I re-installed drivers, reflashed the firmware etc but that did not help.

After booting once onto my Linux machine, using a pci-express card to connect to the multiface, and subsequently reinstalling drivers on the win 10, seemed to resolve it on the win 10.

Until today.

When I booted the win 10 machine it yet again is detected as a Digiface, which leads me to suspect this is will be a re-occuring problem.

I'll try the voodoo tricks again, but frankly this must be some driver/firmware bug?

Let me know if there's anything in the form of logs and debug info I can provide to help resolve this.

Re: Multiface II (on hdspe expresscard) detected as Digiface on Windows 10

It's not a driver bug, but not perfectly working hardware communication. You might be able to solve the problem already by using a different FireWire cable. The alternative is to renew the transceiver chips on ExpressCard/Multiface, but that is most probably not worth the hassle.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by ulf.hammarqvist 2015-08-25 00:00:41)

Re: Multiface II (on hdspe expresscard) detected as Digiface on Windows 10

Thanks for the reply.

My upgrade to win10 seems to have coincided with the ExpressCard HDSP(e) going bad.

The issue has persisted and not gone away this time. I have tried different cables, and the two power adapters I have at hand. It remains showing as Digiface on the laptop, but keeps working just fine on the Desktop computer; which leads me to believe the ExpressCard is at fault. (It's not one of the known bad ones from the list here on the forum).