Topic: Digiface strange behaviour

A radio station is using Digiface PCIe for playout with Dalet (4x stereo out using ADAT optical into an RME converter).

It was all fine for more than a year, but today it just stopped working.
I remotely log into their system. In HDSP mixer I saw the playback sources, but I was unable to route them to physical outputs. On top of that, everything else in DSP mixer and DSP settings seem to work normaly.

Driver was reinstalled, settings doublechecked, HDSP mixer reset and reconfigured etc, but the source signal just doesn't show on any of the physical outputs. I'll be able to tell more when I'll get the device itself, but for now I just wonder if there might be a quick fix, like reflashing the firmware etc. Provided that the problem is indeed with Digiface and not somewhere else in the system.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Peter Gruden

Re: Digiface strange behaviour

That looks like a Digiface hardware failure, with repair as only option. Did someone try a different power supply, or an external ps in case none was used so far?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Digiface strange behaviour

As soon as I have it in my hands I'll try with a different PSU.
Perhaps Dalet may have something to do with it, because it is of an earlier build and we had to use some workarrounds before it finaly started to work.