Topic: CC-Mode MultiOuts in iOS with MiMix

Did anyone test MiMix for iPad in conjunction with Audiobus to use UCX-/UFX-MultiOuts? I only can get Outs 1-2 to work, others are greyed out. Is this a limitation in cc-mode for supported RME-Hardware or a bug in MiMix?

2 (edited by loonypac 2015-08-28 12:23:27)

Re: CC-Mode MultiOuts in iOS with MiMix

To answer my own question because of another thread:

MiMix works after enabling Multichannel mode in TotalMix FX App!
This means you can route every Audiobus compatible App to different Multiouts of RME devices, what is independent from the App's multichannel ability. This should be interesting for some users cool

I did not test and I am not sure which of both is the problem here: MyMix not enabling more than stereo or Audiobus...but we will know soon, as MyMix will play a bigger role in the RME world.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC, you mean MiMix, don't you? I don't know MyMix, is this another App?

MiMix already works. Idea to enable "Multichannel" mode in TotalMix FX App was inspired by the Cubasis Thread, in which you suggested to enable it.

It's important to first launch TotalMix FX App with Multichannel mode selected. Without TMFx the hardware initializes in Stereo mode, so MiMix only shows Channel 1-2.

MiMix allows to route and mix all of its 8 busses to all TMFx Playbackchannels. For example one bus can be routed to several Playbackchannels to mirror up to 8 Audiobus Ins to TMFx' Outs. Is freely configurable, similar to TMFx. In addition it is fully controllable via MIDI. It makes TMFx Audiobus compatible in a special (and very cheap) way wink

Aaah I see - MiMix is not MyMix smile

Thanks for the details.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME