Topic: OSC control of more than 8 outputs simultaneously

We have a multi speaker system driven by a Madiface XT and two DA-32's and I would like to control all 64 outputs of Total mix with OSC. I have made a Max MSP patch I can only access the first 8 faders. Is this possible?

Re: OSC control of more than 8 outputs simultaneously

from my understanding the answer is no because RME have assigned OSC control to work in banks of 8 only.. you can join the chorus of people asking for global OSC control now for 2 years or more, they said it would be included in an update a long time ago but it never arrived.

Thanks ebulb for the reply-

May I just request that as someone who represents a University that has bought heavily into RME products in particular their large multi-channel converters and MADI options that this be addressed. I am not sure what is involved in updating the firmware but I would request unique OSC ids for every input and output.

May I ask is it possible with Midi?

audiotech wrote:

as someone who represents a University that has bought heavily into RME products?

I don't think this have any weight to convince them. You first have to buy the whole company big_smile

audiotech wrote:

May I ask is it possible with Midi?

This is possible at a maximum of 64 channels per row (Ins, Playback, Outs). But only volume can be controlled via CC commands. Mute, solo or pan are not supported. See manual page 90 "MIDI Control"!

They were happy enough to use us for their educational marketing! But I will just have to consider buying the company ;-)

Thanks for the midi information.

You can access all channels with OSC, just not at the same time. Shift the bank of 8 to where it is needed and it will work (your first post as well as your further ones read like you overlooked this basic functionality).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I was aware of this, apologies if it came across that I did not.

Nevertheless we still require access to all outputs preferably at once. Switching different banks of 8 would not be sufficient.

I do hope you reconsider this aspect of your otherwise brilliant hardware/drivers. Like I say we are have invested significantly and encourage other University music departments to do so. I even did a Youtube video praising your hardware for your UK distributer. Nothing changes my admiration for your hardware.

I thought the title of my post made it clear. Apologies for the confusion.

Don't forget: you can control 4x 8 channels = 32 channels simultaniously with OSC.Those are naturally still no 64 channels but much more than 8.

OFFTOPIC:

I'd be interested which university is this? (mainly because I also do research in multi channel audio)

ONTOPIC:
+1 for global OSC control. I suggest to start implementing snapshots selection via OSC, a much awaited feature that should really not be hard to include.

In my OSC there are 8 Snapshots I can choose from...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME