Topic: Mono to Stereo recording using the HDSPe AIO

I have an HDSPe AIO card and have mono (microphone) signal coming into the card.  I would like the software (Audacity or Reaper) to record the mono signal as stereo (same signal on L/R channel).  Is there a way to configure this at the hardware level? 

If I look at the block diagram (pg 47) of the manual, the audio software taps right into the input prior to the mix bus.  This means I have to route the channel 1 input to something like Outputs channel 3 and channel 4.  THEN I have to loopback the two Outputs channel 3 and channel 4 into the board.

This is very convoluted and was wondering if there is an easy way to record stereo from one input microphone.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Mono to Stereo recording using the HDSPe AIO

Just record as a mono track in the DAW application, rather than stereo. Then when you mix down or bounce/export the audio it will be in mono on both L & R equally in the final stereo track.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Mono to Stereo recording using the HDSPe AIO

Found a loopback option in TotalMix FX that provides an option for loopback in firmware.  This allows any s/w or app to record stereo using mono channel without have to do subsequent processing.  Thanks.